The BBC..... Really

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

I would say it's distinctly less left leaning than it used to be since Corbyn was elected.

Or does it seem that way because it used to be to the left of labour when labour was right wing but now it appears to the right of labour now that labour are (slowly) sliding to the left. I.E. It's labour that have moved, not the BBC.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

I would say it's distinctly less left leaning than it used to be since Corbyn was elected.

Or does it seem that way because it used to be to the left of labour when labour was right wing but now it appears to the right of labour now that labour are (slowly) sliding to the left. I. E. It labour that have moved, not the BBC, who have remained largely centrist.

Soldato
Totally biased on so many subjects. They were/are a staunch supporter of the Remain campaign, they were also a fervent Clinton supporter during the recent American elections. They way that they leapt at Trumps many faults yet hardly mentioned Clinton's email fiasco.
There were far more anti Brexit stories than pro in fact there is a survey somewhere which came up with the result of 3-1 for anti Brexit stories.
The days of the BBC even pretending to be impartial are long gone, the days of the BBC providing decent world news coverage are long gone. One only has to watch any 1 hour of the so called News Channel, you will struggle to find more than 17-20 minutes actual news in that hour. The rest of the time is filled with multiple headlines, letting us know what will be coming up, This week in history which covers news from the past, trailers for other BBC programs and perhaps The Travel show which will occupy 25 minutes, news? You will find little coverage of South America, Africa in fact vast swathes of the world have very little reportable news as far as the BBC is concerned, yet if there is a minor shooting in America which, lets face it, is a common occurrence then there will be an inordinate amount of time given to this story.

Time the BBC was not funded by a national tax and either became a subscription channel or found it's money via advertising. I for one feel most annoyed that I am forced to pay for something I rarely use.

Don
Or does it seem that way because it used to be to the left of labour when labour was right wing but now it appears to the right of labour now that labour are (slowly) sliding to the left. I.E. It's labour that have moved, not the BBC.
Probably a bit of both to be honest.

There's been a definite change in tone as regards the EU migrant crisis as well.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

I for one feel most annoyed that I am forced to pay for something I rarely use.

Do you feel the same way about unemployment benefits, disablement benefits, child benefit, housing benefit, social services, the NHS, cycle paths and so on?

Associate
Totally biased on so many subjects. They were/are a staunch supporter of the Remain campaign, they were also a fervent Clinton supporter during the recent American elections. They way that they leapt at Trumps many faults yet hardly mentioned Clinton's email fiasco.
There were far more anti Brexit stories than pro in fact there is a survey somewhere which came up with the result of 3-1 for anti Brexit stories.
The days of the BBC even pretending to be impartial are long gone, the days of the BBC providing decent world news coverage are long gone. One only has to watch any 1 hour of the so called News Channel, you will struggle to find more than 17-20 minutes actual news in that hour. The rest of the time is filled with multiple headlines, letting us know what will be coming up, This week in history which covers news from the past, trailers for other BBC programs and perhaps The Travel show which will occupy 25 minutes, news? You will find little coverage of South America, Africa in fact vast swathes of the world have very little reportable news as far as the BBC is concerned, yet if there is a minor shooting in America which, lets face it, is a common occurrence then there will be an inordinate amount of time given to this story.

Time the BBC was not funded by a national tax and either became a subscription channel or found it's money via advertising. I for one feel most annoyed that I am forced to pay for something I rarely use.

Thankfully someone on this post is well informed , neutral my ass.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/749710/Brexit-BBC-propaganda-bias-victoria-derbyshire

Soldato
Thankfully someone on this post is well informed , neutral my ass.

He's right leaning so sees the BBC as biased against him, just like left lefties see it biased against them, that should tell you how neutral it is.

Compare that to FOX or the Daily Mail which mostly just the lefties claim is biased against them, and RT or the Mirror which mostly just the right wingers claim is biased against them.

Soldato
[TFU] Thegoon84;30367502 said:
Absolute rubbish.....

How can they put a "positive spin" on something when nobody knew what would happen, would have just been guess work, which isn't good reporting.... More to the point, they only reported what MP's, experts and the general public were saying.

By interviewing people who could bring a view as to what a positive Brexit could look like?

Back
Top Bottom