Best HDD for ps4 pro?

Associate
Wondering if I could have some opinions please? I'm in the market for a PS4 PRO and looking at replacing the hard drive, I'm looking at either
Option 1:
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/seag...s4-ps4-pro-upgrade-st2000lx001-hd-374-se.html
Option:2 https://www.overclockers.co.uk/wd-b...-64mb-cache-hdd-oem-wd1003fzex-hd-411-wd.html

The WD drive is 7200rpm vs the 5400 on the SSHD though will the 8gb SSD help, I can get a 1TB SSHD for the same price, what would you choose? an SSHD or a 7200rpm drive? also there are no 7200rpm 2tb drives and preferably would prefer the storage so I'm guessing SSHD is the way to go? Any other options I would appreciate thank you :)

Soldato
1st option is the best but that dam hdd is never in stock lol
and when it does go in stock,, it goes out of stock within hours...

OCUK should stock loads more...

Firecuda SSHD 2TB 5400 RPM 2.5" PC/PS4/PS4 Pro Upgrade (ST2000LX001)

STOCK MORE OCUK.

Soldato
The firecuda - thats the 'upgrade' that makes it worth it. Speed wise theres nowt in between them two drives as you're limited by the cruddy sata2 connection we have on the PS4 HDD controller (remember it don't even support TRIM for SSD's - unless its improved but even then not much in it). You'll eventually realise that capacity is worth it for the minor improvement between these two.

Am still rockin on an older seagate 750Gb on my stock ps4. 7200rpm SSHD :)

Soldato
The firecuda - thats the 'upgrade' that makes it worth it. Speed wise theres nowt in between them two drives as you're limited by the cruddy sata2 connection we have on the PS4 HDD controller (remember it don't even support TRIM for SSD's - unless its improved but even then not much in it). You'll eventually realise that capacity is worth it for the minor improvement between these two.

Am still rockin on an older seagate 750Gb on my stock ps4. 7200rpm SSHD :)

Does the pro not have SATA 3? or does it not make much difference?

Soldato
Does the pro not have SATA 3? or does it not make much difference?

Yes my bad bud, it does have sata3 but theres hardly any difference. A number of sites have compared the two controllers (ps4 vs pro) and theres a second or so difference. I'd take the extra capacity any day over a second improvement in performance

Back
Top Bottom