So interesting year for TVs... LG OLED, Panasonic OLED, Sony OLED? and Samsung QLED!

Soldato
http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/ez1000-201701044396.htm

Unlike its curved predecessor, the Panasonic TX-65EZ1000 will use a flat WRGB OLED panel supplied by LG Display, though both displays will share the one singular screen size of 65 inches.
According to a presentation slide at the launch event, the EZ1000′s peak brightness will be around 800 nits (likely the peak luminance of all OLEDs using LG Display’s 2017 WRGB OLED panel), with almost 100% DCI-P3 coverage
The Panasonic EZ1002/ EZ1000 will support HDR10 PQ (perceptual quantisation) standard for Ultra HD Blu-ray playback, HLG (Hybrid Log-Gamma) for HDR broadcast, 4K HDR streaming from Netflix, Amazon and YouTube, but not Dolby Vision format since the company believes it knows its own panel and processing better than any other organisation. Like all other OLED TVs to be released in 2017, the TX-65EZ1002/ TX-65EZ1000 won’t have 3D capability.

I did consider one last year but I need 55" one and I think I would wait at least another 5 years for the tech to have evolved more then you can see if it is better.

Soldato
I did consider one last year but I need 55" one and I think I would wait at least another 5 years for the tech to have evolved more then you can see if it is better.

An awful lot will change in the next 5 years. 4k and HDR will be old skool and, if LG's new panel is anything to go by, we'll be hanging massive, wafer thin tvs on the wall :)

Last edited:
Soldato
An awful lot will change in the next 5 years. 4k and HDR will be old skool and, if LG's new panel is anything to go by, we'll be hanging massive, wafer thin tvs to the wall :)

Yeah but I bet SD channels are still around ;)

My inlaws and parents STILL watch terrestial SD channels even though they have Channel 101 etc.
I`m annoyed when I switch on their TV and get channel 1 and they cant understand why I switch to 101 BBC 1 HD.
"picture dont look much different to me...."

Man of Honour
I`m annoyed when I switch on their TV and get channel 1 and they cant understand why I switch to 101 BBC 1 HD.

My girlfriend does this, drives me mad. Pay thousands of pounds for a nice TV and AV setup, walk in to the living room and she's watching the non HD BBC or ITV channels where the picture is absolutely awful

Caporegime
Having seen the 2017 TVs, I've ordered an LG OLED55B6 for the living room along with a YSP-2700 sound bar. Should do nicely until 65" are a sensible price.

£1,749 from RS so not the best deal ever, but I can't see the 2017 lineup getting anywhere near this for a rather long time, especially with the exchange rate and 'Brexit tax'.

Soldato
Having seen the 2017 TVs, I've ordered an LG OLED55B6 for the living room along with a YSP-2700 sound bar. Should do nicely until 65" are a sensible price.

£1,749 from RS so not the best deal ever, but I can't see the 2017 lineup getting anywhere near this for a rather long time, especially with the exchange rate and 'Brexit tax'.

Thats my exact set up, you won't be disappointed :)

Caporegime
Yeah but I bet SD channels are still around ;)

My inlaws and parents STILL watch terrestial SD channels even though they have Channel 101 etc.

Just reprogram the channel guide so that all HD variants are set to their SD number (make 1 actually be 101).

Back
Top Bottom