Laptops stolen from CES2017

I wouldn't think you'd be able to get far with it, to be honest.

Heavy enough and with the number of security camera's around.... I guess it could be someone looking to sell it to a competitor though.

The other thing I was thinking is the MAC address of that laptop. Once it goes online, can the network / wireless card's MAC be traced? That's provided that Razor made a note of the MAC before it arrived at the CES.

As for "who dunnit?"... prolly an inside job, innit. Then the secret is sold on for an undisclosed sum. It could then go 2 ways.

1. The secret gets sold on to OcUK and they turn the prototype into 100% polished product and they become the next 'Apple'.

or

2. The secret gets sold on to Acer and they go bankrupt overnight :p

Transmission breaker
Don
When I was working for a Korean electronics manufacturer, this kind of stuff was happening a lot.. Stuff being nicked in transit, from the stands, and during setup/takedown, we had other brands snooping around and taking pictures, breaking into private areas, and stealing documentation/hardware.

Caporegime
If there weren't the advent of external GPU's, this would seem stupid... however its three of these damn things and Thunderbolt 2 really doesnt support that level of power.

So for a "gaming" company, this just seems dumb on a practical standpoint, though as it is Razer, its all just marketing (I know... it is CES).

Anyway, i guess they're hoping Volta will bring needed improvements for something like this to work... but it is very niche regardless.

Last edited:
Soldato
Had Razer as when I brought my Imperator I had the laser start to go then the double click issue, I reported it to customer support but got ignored on both accounts. The only reason I have a Deathadder right now is only because I got it on MM for £35 looking like new.

Whoever stole that laptop hope you get some good money for it or have fun using it :)

Soldato
Pah, I'd rather have this

I like the touch pad idea. More laptops should have that.

It would be perfect for music production on the move.
My mate said it would be perfect for his graphic design business when he goes to peoples homes and he wouldn't have to keep switching windows.
I'm sure there's lots more uses.

Yep I do CAD work and having laptop with 3 screens would be great, especially for presentations to clients.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom