Single mothers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I have no interest in single mothers either. If i come across them on tinder i swipe left, no matter how attractive they are.

I do feel a bit bad for some of them though, they must struggle

Soldato
Being a parent is hard work. If you're doing it alone and doing a good job, as many do, then fair enough on feeling proud.

People fall into such situations for many reasons, some entirely in their control, some partly in their control, many not in their control at all. Given the huge number of failed marriages, split parenting, blended families, it seems a little harsh to look down our noses at those who, for whatever reason, are doing it alone.

Facebook memes are almost always **** though. Don't confuse your, rightful, indignation with those for actually being upset with the group of people incorporated into them.

E:
Aren't you gay anyway, OP? might that affect your understanding of the attraction of single mothers?

I could see myself happily hooking up with a single mother if I was to end up single again. But, then, I'm married to a woman with kids (my kids), so the prospect doesn't seem all that alien.

Last edited:
Soldato
So man meets woman, man falls in love with woman, man and women make baby, man runs off.

And at what point has the considerstion that contreception is both parties responsibility?

To quote terry pratchett "sometimes i wish you had to pass an exam, other than the practical, before having children"

J.T

J.T

Soldato
Single Mum's need their back doors smashed in just as much as single ladies with no children, what's wrong with that...

;)

Last edited:
Caporegime
When I was 21, I was banging a 32 year old cop. The real deal, uniform, handcuffs, the lot. Whilst her 4 year old boy was sleeping in the next room. She was fine too, and very open minded. It only lasted a few months and I'm yet to achieve such a feat again :(

Tell you what though, as a 21 year old in that situation, you have the biggest balls in the town.

Soldato
I know it's not quite where the OP was going but as a single dad, when I began dating, it became quite clear that the majority of girls without children were not interested or certainly wouldn't hang about too long. Was interesting to see that, in some respects, girls reacted somewhat similar to lads.

Single dad dating single mum, no problem - they see you as a good bet if your own kids are well looked after.

Caporegime
When I was 21, I was banging a 32 year old cop. The real deal, uniform, handcuffs, the lot. Whilst her 4 year old boy was sleeping in the next room. She was fine too, and very open minded. It only lasted a few months and I'm yet to achieve such a feat again :(

Tell you what though, as a 21 year old in that situation, you have the biggest balls in the town.

Mine would a been like shrivelled raisins. You musta been doing it wrong.

Soldato
I think some young women become single mothers because they don't really think things through and have that 'don't care' attitude lots of people have nowadays so they never even give contraception or consequence a thought, sleep with someone they have just met and within a few months fall pregnant.

Of course the relationship fails because a child puts pressure on any relationship and when you haven't built that long term bond or got to really know someone, what do you expect will happen.

Is that a reason to have an issue with most single mothers though, I don't think so.

I must admit though, it can seem very unfair when you know of a young lady with a few kids who has been given a nice house, pays very little out of benefits for it and seems to live a leisured lifestyle while banging on on Facebook about how she has the greatest and hardest job in the world.

Caporegime
Loads of people are in bad positions because of poor choices - but your post seemed to be less "each partner could have contributed to the relationship breaking down" and more about how it's the woman's' fault for not realising that the father was a bit of a nob.

The only single mother I know was someone I worked with when I was 17, who went to uni, moved onto a very decent job, got married, had a child a couple of years later, and then the marriage broke down a couple of years after that because the guy thought that being faithful wasn't really for him. She is literally the polar opposite of the single mum stereotype.

Similarly, the only single mother I know suffered through child birth alone while her husband what stuffing his **HIS WHAT? Macca** into some girl 10 years his younger. Divorce papers were pretty swift once the poor mother found out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom