The last game you completed, and rating.

Soldato
Dishonered GOTY 8/10
Story was quite interesting along with the world. Enjoyed playing as Daud in the dlcs, as i was roleplaying a bit i went with high chaos for him, and low chaos for Corvo. Graphics look a bit dated now but still fine.
Now im off to start the 2nd one which i had for xmas present.

Soldato
Titanfall 2 - 9/10

Best quality campaign, although short, that I've played in a while. Multiplayer is probably the best multiplayer I've played since CS:GO. Excellent.

Soldato
Finally finished Doom (2016), after putting it aside for a while whilst I played Dishonored 2.

At first I completely loved this game. I played on Ultra-Violence difficulty at first and was just delighted with how hectic and tense the battles were. With the pumping faux-metal soundtrack and the intense, super-fast action it recaptured so much of the pure fun of how shooters used to be.

I stayed pretty much in love with the game up to an hour or so after defeating the hell guards. Both them and the cyberdemon felt rather underwhelming as boss fights. I don't know if it's because I came from having finished NG+ on Dark Souls 2 (a series that KNOWS how to make bosses interesting and fearsome) not long before, but I wasn't impressed with either. Both had fairly simple attacks, they didn't look terribly impressive or imposing and they were much too easy for my liking. I died twice to cyberdemon and once to the hell guards, and felt I shouldn't be breezing through bosses like this. Coupled with their rather bland design, this was the first disappointment.

After this I just got to a point where I was starting to get more and more jaded by ploughing through similar-looking levels where each big battle was signposted the same as the previous 50 battles and progressed in the same way - by throwing wave after wave of enemies at you in a clearly-defined arena. I actually turned down the difficulty to Hurt Me Plenty just so I could finish it quicker and uninstall it. Didn't really like the final boss either. The whole fight felt random. I defeated the boss first try, but had no real idea of the attack pattern, I was just double-jumping madly around the arena firing my most powerful weapons until they ran out of ammo.

I don't know if it's just that my expectations for game design have moved on, but I ended up feeling really disappointed that the game couldn't (or didn't even try to) find a way to add some variation and retain my interest in what started out as a thoroughly enjoyable romp through a graphically great reboot of a shooter of old.

Can't really think of it as worth more than a 6/10 despite how great it looked, how well it ran, and how utterly cool it felt for almost two-thirds of the game. It just didn't retain my interest for long enough.

Last edited:
Associate
Rise of the Tomb Raider 8/10

Decent enough action/adventure/third person shooter. Solid game mechanics and visuals let down by an uninteresting story with a supporting cast of bland, one dimensional characters. Felt like it dragged along a bit towards the end.

The game draws comparisons to the Uncharted series for obvious reasons. Uncharted has far superior characters and narrative but Tomb Raider is a better "Game".

Caporegime
Doom 3 + Mars City Security mod 8.5-9/10.

I've never played and completed D3 on anything other than marine difficulty, so trying out this mod was a perfect excuse to experience the challenge of 'veteran'. As it turned out, I'm surprised I found it as easy as I did, and I may well try higher difficulty modes sooner or later.

The strength of the HDR lighting was very nice for the most part, but on some occasions, it looked a bit too heavy for my tastes. I'll probably turn it off when I play next time.

Associate
Gods Will Be Watching

Cool little game - not the normal game I'd go for. I loved the ending of the DLC. Only another 30 or so Steam games to work through now haha!

Soldato
Finished my first run through of The Warlock of Firetop Mountain! Tense but fun! :D

Fairly faithful to the books with enough differences to keep it fresh and a few in gags to give you some good laughs! Well thought out gameplay, combat and story telling! Still got more content to unlock and play through but solid so far!

9/10!

Soldato
Shantae and the Pirate's Curse

Highly polished metroidvania style platformer with fun likeable characters and a nice little story. Really enjoyed blasting my way through this and even bothered collecting all the upgrades to get the best ending.

Considering I got this and a few other games for $1 on the Humble Bundle it was a bargain.

8/10

Associate
gf and I just finished Overcooked last night, campaign co-op on 2 360 controllers.

Bloody hilarious and the difficulty pitched just right (for both of us!). Best £12 I've spent in a long time, so much fun. Utterly charming wee game. And from a 2-man dev team.

Hopefully the neighbours couldn't hear us over the last couple of weeks screaming at each other: "I NEED MORE LETTUCE!!", "SERVE THE ******* SOUP!" etc.

Soldato
Zombie Army Trilogy 8/10

Mindless, tense, fun.

A B movie storyline with some genuinely gripping moments. I am not a great fan of shooters, but I really enjoyed this.

Also the 'Carpenter/80s/Synth' soundtrack is fantastic.

Took me over 20 hours.

Soldato
Crysis 3 - almost 4 years on and still looks stunning. Ran at around 50 FPS with max settings apart from using the highest SMAA anti alising instead of MSAA with a Fury X at 3440x1440 resolution. Enjoyed it more than Crysis 2 but it felt like it was over as soon as it began. I'd have been a bit miffed if I'd have paid full price for it - 10 hours is a bit stingy for a AAA title in my opinion. I played it through my Origin Access subscription so hey ho. 8/10

Back
Top Bottom