Retro console and games thread

Soldato
You have the correct approach which seems to be lacking from many retro collectors.

I used to manage a charity shop and would use sites to get an average price of game, take a few quid off due to charity shop and I would be pretty damn happy when it sold. I got money towards budget and someone got a bargain.

People sadly want everything for nothing now, not just retro games :(

Thats true, makes me understand it all more to some extent cheers. Im not saying i want it for free btw i agree the charitys need as much as they can its just this is the first case ive seen on something being well above the price online etc. I like the way you used to do it, that seems the best bet for both parties

Soldato
Charity shops are great but it rubs me the wrong way when its pure greed and they use eBay as an benchmark. Coming to a point now its cheaper to import your retrogames from other countries which is a shame. :(

Anyway, ordered these from the US. Never came out in the PAL regions and the Megaman Legacy Collection on current gen consoles only has 6 games while the Megaman Anniversary Collection has 10 games. £21 for both.

Last edited:
Associate
Thats true, makes me understand it all more to some extent cheers. Im not saying i want it for free btw i agree the charitys need as much as they can its just this is the first case ive seen on something being well above the price online etc. I like the way you used to do it, that seems the best bet for both parties

ive noticed that it tends to be the smaller charity shops that charge more rather than the bigger ones (scope,acorns etc) well in my area anyway

Soldato
ive noticed that it tends to be the smaller charity shops that charge more rather than the bigger ones (scope,acorns etc) well in my area anyway

I guess its down to the oerson running the individual store to set the prices not sure! But te find i mentioned before was feom Oxfam so i guess its across the board

Underboss
Just got these today from my local facebook selling group

15978028_10209933657930204_5033535772934062603_n_zpslmo7ehhz.jpg

16114076_10209933677450692_8132571336550425774_n_zpsikyjvrvq.jpg

Price was NOTHING

Soldato
^GG! Tempted to get a slim ps2 for ps1/ps2 games

Also what should I expect to pay for a PSP? Fancy grabbing one as I used to have one with cafe etc but just can't seem to find it! May have sold it not sure! Mrs wants to play Loco Roco again!

Pet Northerner
Don
Made a custom gameboy with a Raspi0 for my 10 year old nephew to introduce him to 8 and 16 bit games.

Case was a little damaged, but it works ok. Small lipo battery powering it but he still gets an hour and a half off a charge.

here's it just about wrapped up

http://imgur.com/gallery/iHPMc

and an old WIP video of the SD card Cart working.

Associate
I'd be interested in hearing a bit more about the PiBoy - have you got a build log or anything. Is the cartridge the battery?

I've made a Pi game table but this looks waaaaaay cooler.

Pet Northerner
Don
I don't have my own build log, but I used a lot of instructions from sudomod, which is a forum which covers this in great detail.

there is also a sellers section where people have made custom PCB's to make the build easier. I used one so i didn't need a teensie board or to cut traces in the original gameboy (in fact, I was able to use a cheap chinese shell).

The cart is actually the sd card. Inside there is a custom board that has the sdcard slot in it. You then wire a GBA cartridge reader to the Pi0 which then allows you to have a way of getting at the card without the need to dismantle the gameboy.

The battery is a lipo that sits inside of the battery housing in the back (which is all cut out to allow for the wiring to fit).

I think I have some more older videos showing the mess which I can put up later if you want.

Man of Honour
Decided to line the wall of the game room with old game art work! This is the first! Came out really well!

Will get some more and put them up soon!

Did you print that yourself or buy it and frame it?

2 more Data Disc ltd Vinyl release's to add to the growing collection. These are sooo good!

Nice.

Maybe resize the image or put it in spoiler tags?

Back
Top Bottom