• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

2600K for VR?

Associate
Hi guys,
I have a 2600K which has never been overclocked! Recently got a HTC Vive and a 1070 but not sure if I need to upgrade my CPU&mobo as well?

Thanks in advance.

Soldato
no it should be fine an overclock may help a bit though. dont see why you would get a new board and cpu when you have 25-30% more performance left in your current cpu :p

Associate
Hi guys,
I have a 2600K which has never been overclocked! Recently got a HTC Vive and a 1070 but not sure if I need to upgrade my CPU&mobo as well?

Thanks in advance.

have a 2600k at 4.1ghz 16gb ram and 970, everything runs like a dream bar 2 games.Project cars, which runs like crap for vive owners even on a 1080, and american truck sim, which also runs bad, but slows down in cities for everyone.Ive tested the following and all run smooth as butter.

Elite Dangerous
Assetto Corsa
Euro Truck Simulator 2 (weird how this runs well and american truck doesnt)
Raw Data
Arizona Sunshine
ViveCraft
Google Earth
Superhot (through revive)
Eagle Flight
Sportsbar VR
Pinball fx2
Eleven Table Tennis
Onward
BulletSorrow
Doom 3

Last edited:
Associate
Hi guys,

Thanks in advance.

Hey core2016 i have a 2600k, just wondering how did you get on with dropping a 1070 in your system did you need to update your MOBO bios to UEFI, i'm using a ga-z68x-ud3h-b3 bios F10, btw which video card manufacturer did you get?

Associate
2700k here and been running at 4.8ghz for several years now. Stock settings bar changing the multipier to 48. Asrock board. :)

Associate
OP
Hey core2016 i have a 2600k, just wondering how did you get on with dropping a 1070 in your system did you need to update your MOBO bios to UEFI, i'm using a ga-z68x-ud3h-b3 bios F10, btw which video card manufacturer did you get?

Hi, I'm using a ga-z68x-ud4 with UEFI bios. Graphics card is an Asus strix. Hope this helps.

Associate
2600k here (oc to 4.5ghz) running a GTX1080 and I am using a Oculus Rift DK2 and its running everything silky smooth you will have no problems at all.

Back
Top Bottom