BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
Now that Christmas is over I'd like to start preparing my car for sale as I haven't gelled with it all that much.

Wondering what you guys would value my car at on a private sale, I've had a look on the usual places, AutoTrader, eBay and PistonHeads but there seems to be such a variation with prices.

Mine is a 2013 M135i, 5dr Auto in Estoril Blue with adaptive suspension, Pro-Nav, Hi-Fi upgrade, black panel display, and heated black leather with 45,000 miles on the clock. Recent BMW service and warranty until the end of March 2017. 6mm of MPSS tread all round (yeah, I haven't really been using it 'properly', I've been told I'm an old man driver so I'm leaning towards something of the 5 series variety)... :D

Does £18k sound about right?

What dnot you like about it out of interest? I've only had mine for around 4 months now and I absolutely love it. Big change from the 3 diesal mondeos I had before mind. Only thing I'm not keen on is the amount it's costing me in fuel, but I was expecting that .

Soldato
A 4 owner car is what is bringing the price to 16-17k IMO.

I don't agree, it's the fact it's got 45k miles, is cracking on 4 years old and has been replaced by both a face-lift AND a new model (M140i).

What dnot you like about it out of interest? I've only had mine for around 4 months now and I absolutely love it. Big change from the 3 diesal mondeos I had before mind. Only thing I'm not keen on is the amount it's costing me in fuel, but I was expecting that .

Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad car at all. In fact, the gearbox (ZF8 in mine) mated to the engine combo is better than anything I've ever driven in my life.

I guess the issue I've found, which I couldn't identify in the three test drives I've had, is how '1 Series' it is. Yeah, I get that it's a completely embarrassing point to make as it's clearly a 1 Series and will never be anything other than a 1 Series, but coming from an E46 330Ci I felt there were a couple of backwards steps in terms of cabin quality and comfort, which is odd considering the difference in generations.

I guess I'm annoyed it's not more sporting for it's lack of comfort, and not more comfortable for it's lack of sportiness - it's almost like it's... neither. And I digress, it's an banal comment, since it's obvious in reality. My expectations were off kilter.

Allow me to be frank, it's clearly a great car by most metrics. But I just haven't gelled with it all that much!

Last edited:
Soldato
Now that Christmas is over I'd like to start preparing my car for sale as I haven't gelled with it all that much.

Wondering what you guys would value my car at on a private sale, I've had a look on the usual places, AutoTrader, eBay and PistonHeads but there seems to be such a variation with prices.

Mine is a 2013 M135i, 5dr Auto in Estoril Blue with adaptive suspension, Pro-Nav, Hi-Fi upgrade, black panel display, and heated black leather with 45,000 miles on the clock. Recent BMW service and warranty until the end of March 2017. 6mm of MPSS tread all round (yeah, I haven't really been using it 'properly', I've been told I'm an old man driver so I'm leaning towards something of the 5 series variety)... :D

Does £18k sound about right?

Mine is 30k miles and it upsets me to think my baby is only worth around 15-18k now. It may only be a 1 series and on various meets to be honest I really struggle to keep up with Golf Rs etc but I just love the fact it's a family hatchback but with that glorious 6 cylinder roar. It feels more special to me than 15k :(

Soldato
Hey guys

Hoping some BMW gurus can point me in the right direction with this please.

I have a 2011 E92 M3. It has been absolutely awesome for the 4.5 yrs I have had it, never skipped a beat.

Basically the car went in for a recall last week to BMW to have the positive battery terminal replaced in the fusebox. Essentially they have done something to my bluetooth coverage in the car, to the extent that if I try and stream audio from the driver's side from my iPhone it chops and skips like crazy. If I place the phone in the glovebox all is like it used to be, seamless!

I really don't want to take it back to Sytner Nottingham, first and last time I use them! I specifically told them not to wash my car when I took it in and when I collected it had been washed, 'sorry Sir there was a misunderstanding!' The cream leather interior has been left with lots of greasy hand marks which I had to clean myself, seriously poor service!

Does anyone know where the bluetooth module is located (MULF2?) and also the antenna? I'm guessing power to the module or misplacement of the antenna has led to this, as all other systems are working perfectly and Carly reports no faults.

PS. I have the Carly system for BMW with all coding options as well as VCDS for VAG cars if anyone needs a hand in Bham or Nottingham let me know!

Caporegime
Tbh I'd take them back, make them aware of the other issues and expect first class service. You shouldn't have to much about with it yourself particularly if they've caused the problem.
If you do go tinkering and something has been damaged you may have no come-back.

Soldato
Tbh I'd take them back, make them aware of the other issues and expect first class service. You shouldn't have to much about with it yourself particularly if they've caused the problem.
If you do go tinkering and something has been damaged you may have no come-back.

Yeah I'm thinking of at least making them aware of the issue and booking it in, in a couple of weeks time.

Honestly, I don't actually think there is that much breakable with cars. They are more robust than computers that we make and I have had plenty of experience tinkering with them in the past. Also it doesn't seem like it should be a difficult thing to fix - I hope!

Soldato
I know there won't be much love for a 520d on here but just put a deposit on this approved used ..

Dec 2013 520d M Sport
Metallic Azurite Black with Oyster and Piano black interior
Auto with paddles (Not sport automatic)
Pro nav
Loudspeaker hifi (Harmon Kardon)
Reversing Camera
Xenons
Plus a few other bits...

Not the best engine I'll admit but for my boring daily commute up the M6 it will be a lovely place to be. Would have preferred a 6 cylinder obviously but couldn't justify the extra.

Really like the colour too, seen it a few times now, sometimes it's black and others its a really dark blue.

Last edited:
Soldato
I know there won't be much love for a 520d on here but just put a deposit on this approved used ..

Dec 2013 520d M Sport
Metallic Azurite Black with Oyster and Piano black interior
Auto with paddles (Not sport automatic)
Pro nav
Loudspeaker hifi (Harmon Kardon)
Reversing Camera
Xenons
Plus a few other bits...

Not the best engine I'll admit but for my boring daily commute up the M6 it will be a lovely place to be. Would have preferred a 6 cylinder obviously but couldn't justify the extra.

Really like the colour too, seen it a few times now, sometimes it's black and others its a really dark blue.

Very nice, congratulations. I like the colour combo.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Went to an avant premiere for the new 5 at my local dealer and oh my. Wasn't allowed to take pictures but wow. I don't know how but BMW take it up a notch every single time. The car itself is stunning and the quality of interior materials is excellent. The dash is lower to, giving a more sporty feel inside. Granted, this one had €40,000 worth of options, taking it to €110,000 for a 540i(!), but what a lovely car.

To be fair, I haven't had a play with the new E Class, but this new 5 is bloody nice. It's basically a mini 7, so if you've been in the new 7, you won't be disappointed.

Soldato
The 5 series looks really nice :) I really like them but I don't know if I'm too young to drive a 5 series :p (24yo) I generally prefer the black leather but that interior shot looks lovely :D

If you like something then go for it, irrespective of your age.

I don't see why you'd wait to drive something you're keen on.. I had a 3 series at 21 whilst my mates were (and most still are) kicking about in Euroboxes :D

Man of Honour

Very nice and great spec, nothing wrong with a 520d, it's a solid engine and about as good as a 4 cylinder diesel gets. It sounds pretty good (all things considered) when warmed up too.

Soldato
I'm currently in the market for a 330d/335d, up to 2 years old. What options should I be looking out for? Budget of around £35k for the right car, but ideally around £30k. I understand already that pro nav and the HK stereo are a must. I'm tempted by adaptive headlights - are they worth it? I'd also like red leather, but these seem to be as easy to find as rocking horse poop.

Back
Top Bottom