The *Official* Eve Online Thread

Suspended
There was a lot more ways you could use them - problem is a lot of people didn't put much imagination into it though it was largely a role for an alt.

I did have a combat orientated Eos that could run 2-3 links and do a lot of damage as a hands on ship but mostly minimal hands on setups.

For PVE I used 6 link command ships quite a bit - largely sat at POS (or just off the POS after they prevented links running inside a POS).

One setup I had was a "buffbot" Eos that I could "slave" to my main if it was flying a guardian or something like that - which combined a fair few minimal hands on capabilities as well as meaning I didn't have to fully rely on anyone I happened to be in a team with being competent - been awhile so this might not be the final fit I had:

B1VVfnL.png

(Though I mostly ended up using it for PVE rather than PVP).

Am I correct in thinking it isn't possible to use more than 3 command modules on any hull now?

Man of Honour
Not sure what the max is but I believe command ships can run 4 with their hull allowance of 2 modules plus 2x command processor rigs.

EDIT: Looks like Titans can fit a max of 5 - most other ships limited to 3 except command ships - with the high calibration cost of the command processor rigs ships can only fit 2 of the rigs or less.

EDIT2: One thing you can do now though is boost yourself without a alt/fleet using the modules if you can jam them onto a combat/pve fit.

Last edited:
Soldato
There is less need to stack the modules onto a single now as you don't need any fleet structure for the links to work, so just spamming them from multiple different characters is all good :)
Considering the range limitations on them I can only think of real edge case scenarios with using semi-afk alts where it makes any sense in doing it.

Soldato
What do people tend to do after all the initial character missions? Not that I'm even close. Also, if you subscribe and then cancel, what happens to your skills you need a subscription for?

Soldato
What do people tend to do after all the initial character missions? Not that I'm even close. Also, if you subscribe and then cancel, what happens to your skills you need a subscription for?

You keep your skills, but if they're sub only ones they're hidden and you don't get the bonus from them until you resub.

Associate
The corp I am in has been inactive for months. Think it's time to leave. Anyone recruiting? I'm a 40m sp char. I like to do all sorts, and in fights, usually logi :)

Soldato

Completely varies on what you/they find fun. I guess some common ones would be:
- Faction warfare. Nice from a small scale pvp whilst earning some money. Relatively low barrier of entry
- Grind high level missions / Highsec Incursions. Because all your care about is how much is you have? :D
- Join a nullsec alliance. Maybe you've read about the huge 1000 man fights and want to try it - this where you'll want to be
- Join a wormhole alliance. Because maybe you want to fly really really expensive ships. Not very newbie friendly.
- Exploration. Overlaps with null/wormhole a little. Go around scanning and running sites, earn a little isk and occasionally have fights - depending on what you are flying.

You'll character will carry on existing and not lose anything if you unsub. Now that there is free to play you can carry on but only have access to minimal skills, resub and you'll be back where you were before.

The corp I am in has been inactive for months. Think it's time to leave. Anyone recruiting? I'm a 40m sp char. I like to do all sorts, and in fights, usually logi :)

Not sure we're actively looking for new recruits, but if a fairly laid back corp in a nullsec alliance with regular Ops skirmishing with the Goons, plus small scale roams a few times a week sounds interesting let me know. Logi pilots are always welcome, plus we've got access to some wormholes if you want to try that out.

Soldato
Corp is "Side Kicks" and Alliance is "The-Culture"
Here's our corp killboard to give an idea of what we tend to fly - https://zkillboard.com/corporation/98480043/

Was chatting to guys in the corp earlier to try and confirm our recruitment status, just waiting on directors to confirm the general corp mindset. It's very much a laid back but also chaotic democracy type thing...

Soldato
So I've just reinstalled EVE Online and found all my account details. I'm going to start a brand new character because I'm lost with my main character as I haven't played in years. I'll play with the free subscription to start with just to get through the tutorial and the training missions and then I'll see what needs to done and either go back to my old character or keep playing my new character. Only problem is I don't have any friend that play EVE Online so I'll get a bit bored if I don't join a corporation.

Soldato
Deffo go back to your old, with remaps of neural and the stuff you already had, unless you've an awful sec status, or poor rep everywhere, it'll always be of benefit to pick it up again.

Man of Honour
Coming back to EvE after 3-5 years offline,

I am sure this has been answered, but is the OcUK Corp/Alliance still around ? My old corp has emptied out - and its just me left.

20m SP Caldari - with odd skillset
D5pWnHz.png

Soldato
No idea what's going on in eve at moment, I logged into my old accounts, one has an actual plex converted into 8, and a trial account I have has 47 plex, wtf?

Back
Top Bottom