Lost my 8 week old - Brain Tumor

Soldato
Just seen this thread.... so sorry for your loss.

Life is fragile and for so many of us we just forget how lucky we are to not have to endure what you and your family have had to go through.

Life goes on but you will always keep her alive in your hearts and memories, the pain is something that will make you stronger and your family come closer than you thought possible.

Youre a strong person to do what you have done and never forget that.

RIP

Soldato
OP
I just wanted to post in here again with a bit of an update.

Just before Christmas we found out we were pregnant again, only to find out yesterday that we had also lost this baby :( Was awful timing as yesterday also marked 3 months since we lost Ivy :( He/She was our 3rd miscarriage and have now been referred for some testing to find out why exactly it seems to keep happening.

On a slightly brighter note, i have previously posted an email that we received stating we were in the top1% of fundraisers throughout the month...well i received the below today, on what would have been Ivy's 5th month with us :)

Ak0txOp.jpg

I have said it many times throughout this thread, but just wanted to again thank you all for the generous donations, and cannot believe we have managed such an achievement having only started half way through October!

Associate
So sorry to hear about your loss. I can't even begin to imagine how you must feel.

I'm glad you managed to get into Bluebell Wood, and you got to have that moment of "normalcy" even if it was just a fleeting moment.

As a fellow Steel City resident I've seen how important the work Bluebell Wood does is to families in such terrible and upsetting times. Thoughts are with you buddy

Soldato
OP
Apologies for the bump, but i'm having a really hard time at the minute and feel I can express myself on here, and i didn't want to create a new thread as i didn't really want to explain everything again.

It's Ivy's birthday this Thursday, and these past few weeks i've just been a complete mess :( since the 17th of last month i've just been dreading this day coming and it's getting closer and closer. My anxiety has been through the roof, and i've started having regular anxiety attacks. We still have our weekly counseling sessions at bluebell wood which i have no idea where i would be now without them. My depression has hit a low, to the point i'm off to see my GP on Tuesday to talk about possibly going onto some medication, the recent stories in the news about other families going through horrible times with their children has really knocked me back as well .The thing that's making everything really difficult is i cannot have anytime off work paid, as i had to use my 2 weeks of sick pay i'm allowed when she passed away, as i was only entitled to 3 days.

We have recently been to the hospital for the results of a number of tests we have had to see why we keep having the miscarriages, and have been told we can start trying again, but the wife will have to have daily injections to help with the problems we seem to have...which is a small price to pay if it means we can carry another baby full term, and we will be having scans every 2 weeks which has eased our mind a little :)

We don't know what we are going to do Thursday, I have booked Wednesday to Friday off work as there isn't a chance i could go to work...i don't know how im going to cope with tomorrow and Tuesday in all fairness. We don't know whether we want to have a party for her, whether we go to Whitby as it was the only place out of Sheffield we ever took her, so it was her "holiday", or whether we are just going to lock the doors and stay in the house on our own all day...i think we are just going to see what we feel like on the day.

I want to thank everyone again for the support on here, the money raised really does go to such a good cause and i am forever grateful for the donations, as well as allowing me to use this forum to vent my feelings, which i generally can only speak to my wife and counselor about.

Sorry for the long post, but i already feel better having gotten some of this out :)

Associate
I can't begin to understand how difficult this is for you and your wife but if unloading here helps then unload as much as you need my friend.

Soldato
Damn. I saw this thread was back and can still remember how it made me feel the first time around. Can't even begin to imagine how hard it is for you guys.

I'm sure you'll find what's right for you guys to mark her birthday and while personally I don't think a party is the way to go as I don't think it'd help you two in the way you want, be sure and use the day to celebrate the fact that you were lucky enough to have been her mum and dad for her short life.

Good luck for the future, in trying for another baby and although it's cliched, it will get a bit easier every year.

Caporegime
Well you're doing the right thing - talking and seeking proper medical help. That's a big step and something a lot of people don't have the strength to do. I don't know how your wife is doing but - don't forget that talking to her is something that can help both of you. I know a lot of us blokes tend to keep things bottled up.

I can't imagine how awful Thursday will be but, maybe Whitby will be a good thing. You can remember the fun and the great memories you had there.

Wishing you the best of luck for the future too.

Caporegime
Wow, as above I can't imagine to imagine what your family must be going through, all I can do is wish you guys the all the best and offer an ear to vent at if you need one. Be strong mate.

Soldato
OP
Well you're doing the right thing - talking and seeking proper medical help. That's a big step and something a lot of people don't have the strength to do. I don't know how your wife is doing but - don't forget that talking to her is something that can help both of you. I know a lot of us blokes tend to keep things bottled up.

I can't imagine how awful Thursday will be but, maybe Whitby will be a good thing. You can remember the fun and the great memories you had there.

Wishing you the best of luck for the future too.

Wife has been off work for about 4 months as her employer is paying her full, that runs out in about a month though so she is looking at going back on a phased return...i'm looking for a new job myself as the one i am in is just causing me too much stress and my boss doesn't really seem to care

Back
Top Bottom