Aorus Owner's Lounge

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Hi, I am not very confident in doing that. Instead I would like that your technical department can have a look at the issue. Apart from not powering up, the screen has bleeding in the bottom left corner. and the hinges make clicking noise when opened/closed.
Regards

Hi w4r_m4chine

OK, no problem, please raise request with repair centre to bring the unit back in for analysis. Phone or email,

Technical Support: 0844 2449 999

Email: [email protected]

Regards,

Team AORUS

Last edited:
Associate
Just wondering if the keyboard of the Aorus x3 being redesign for v7 from looking at the pictures on the website.

http://www.aorus.com/Product/Gallery/X3 Plus v7

Note the additional column of keys on the right side. Also seems like the keys are smaller than previous versions, particularly the function keys:
http://i.imgur.com/zJn47sE.png

** Oversized image, please use spoiler tags or resize image **

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
Hey guys,

Hope i'm not too late to the Aorus Party.

I recently bought the X3 plus v5. I did debate about saving up further for the v6 but I couldn't justify the extra money.

Initial impressions:

* Not too big at all. Was previously using a HP Spectre x360 for my work but wanted some extra grunt to run VMs and of course, get in to some gaming
* The screen is beautiful and on Windows 10, i have set the scaling for 125%. This means I can read everything clearly and still have tons of screen estate.
* Only played CS:Go so far and I can play at native 3200 x 1800 resolution at over 100fps
* It did get a bit noisy during the game but nothing too bad. Also, during normal work, I don't hear the fans at all which is a big improvement from my x 360.

Some questions:
1. Can anyone advise where I could purchase an additional AC adapter for this laptop? Needs to have 19.5v - 7.7a output.
2. I see the temps during normal use are mid/late 30's. Shall i try undervolt and see if i can bring these down?
3. I'm powering 2 monitors (24in 1080p over hdmi | 27in 4k over DP), presumabily its the onboard GPU that is powreing these? Any way to force it to use the GTX 970?

cheers!

Associate
3. I'm powering 2 monitors (24in 1080p over hdmi | 27in 4k over DP), presumabily its the onboard GPU that is powreing these? Any way to force it to use the GTX 970?

Nice buy mate.

You can use Nvidia control panel to instruct the gpu to output to your desired display:

wIBQaxp.png

Associate
Atom80 hopefully will be able to help with that.

cheers mate.

Do you recommend using XTU to bring the temps down a bit?

I've watched some guides on using XTU but for some reason, when I use the program the most i can reduce the core voltage offset slider is -1.000 - i can't move it anymore to the left.

Was looking to set about -1.50.

thanks

Associate
@Atom80

I'm trying to register my X5 on the AORUS website but it's asking for the serial number that is on the box. My box is in the loft and I can't be arsed going to get it, is there another to get the S/N?

Cheers.

Edit: Nevermind, it's on the bottom of my X5 ;)

Last edited:
AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
@Atom80

I'm trying to register my X5 on the AORUS website but it's asking for the serial number that is on the box. My box is in the loft and I can't be arsed going to get it, is there another to get the S/N?

Cheers.

Edit: Nevermind, it's on the bottom of my X5 ;)

Well spotted sir :)

Back
Top Bottom