Does anyone commute to work in an interesting way?

Caporegime
most of the time 1hr30mins each way on train and tube which i hate.

Once every other month for a week or 2, body armour and helmet in a armoured car with a lead and chase car and 6 armed guys with assault rifles.

Why don't us oil and gas guys get work in nice places?

Working onshore Uk are you? :p

Associate
most of the time 1hr30mins each way on train and tube which i hate.

Once every other month for a week or 2, body armour and helmet in a armoured car with a lead and chase car and 6 armed guys with assault rifles.

Why don't us oil and gas guys get work in nice places?

I think being shoot at and shelled adds a little extra spice to a dour 3 months in the desert personally. :D

Associate
I have a 4 mile commute from Manchester City Centre --> MCUK in Salford.

Cycle every morning takes me about 15 mins, I have got the tram maybe twice when my bike has been playing up...

Sadly not particularly interesting, but it beats being stuck in a metal tin can spewing out gross fumes of some form.

Soldato
sort of enjoy my 30 min drive to launceston especially as i go the non a30 way and only tends to be afew others on the road (tbh pull over now and again on the 5.15 am set off hate having some numpty hanging on my tail when im having a relaxing drive)

Soldato
This is a good few years ago now, but I used to teach English in Miyagi Prefecture in Japan 6 months after the tsunami/earthquake. One of my schools was on the coast but the trainline had been washed away. It meant taking a bus through a severely damaged area which was fairly horrible really. It was this area here: by Nobiru and Toma.

The road layout you can see is where there used to be houses :(

I was told, not sure if its true, that they were mostly holiday homes so there weren't too many people there.

From looking on streetview it looks like they have rebuilt a little but yea, felt like going through a war zone and don't think I'll ever top that for a commute!

Soldato
My commute takes place once every three months, (unless you count going down to the engine room from my cabin every morning.) and usually involves flying out somewhere, a night in or two in a hotel to recover from the journey, then depending on whether the vessel's alongside in a terminal, or sitting in an anchorage, either climbing a gangway, or having to jump from a usually ramshackle launch chartered at the lowest possible cost by the ship's agent, onto a pilot ladder, then scramble up the side of the ship, and onto deck.

Doing just this on Sunday, flying out to an LNG terminal in Gladstone, Queensland. Looking forward to the 4 connecting flights. :(

Suspended
I walk, so nothing special really.

20 minutes each way through Cardiff city center past the Principality Stadium and through Bute park.

Could be worse I guess. :)

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom