*** Official Nioh (PS4) Thread ***

Associate
Really enjoying this, it's convinced me that the game is well worth buying. The learning curve is pretty steep but not too severe, the various mechanics work very well, and the boss was a lot of fun. Got my ass handed to me a few times until I figured out exactly what I was doing wrong.

The camera is a little hit and miss at times, and it sure as hell ain't a looker by any means, but I enjoyed every second I spent on it.

Soldato
Had a quick go did the tutorial and started the first level, combat felt solid! Was doing well until I opened a chest and had to fight what looked like a copy of myself? Almost had him! Switching between 3 different stances is a nice mechanic and will take getting used to!

Look forward to seeing how the main game is received and grabbing it soon!

Associate
Played the demo a little yesterday and enjoyed it. I love the setting, music and feel of the game more than Dark Souls. I died a few times to the boss but will try again today.

First impressions is that I will be picking this one up yet I doubt I will have much success as I have never completed a Souls title or even played the later ones or Bloodbourne which this game reminds me of.

My only hope is there less of the random hidden walls mechanic that those games seemed to employ.

Soldato
love the souls like shortcuts etc, its a shame its level based rather than a branching connecting world like souls but i imagine it has its reasons! bot understanding half the items im picking up :D

Soldato
Looks better than Dark Souls to me, or at least more novel. As much as I love DS - it's getting a little repetitive now.

Back
Top Bottom