*** Show us your bikes! ***

Soldato
New (old) bike time:
nG2og2d.jpg.png

2010 bike, 5k miles, show room condition, £6.5k.

Couldn't resist, always fancied one.

Pick it up next week.

you need
tags :)

Associate
New (old) bike time:
https://i.imgur.com/nG2og2d.jpg

Pick it up next week.

Nice. What are you coming from? For my commuter it was a toss-up between one of these and the KTM 990SM-T I ended up buying (and love). Completely different ends of the spectrum but I'd like to know what you think.

Soldato
Nice. What are you coming from? For my commuter it was a toss-up between one of these and the KTM 990SM-T I ended up buying (and love). Completely different ends of the spectrum but I'd like to know what you think.

Tiger 800xc.

I do a tiny amount of miles a year, the last 3 I've done a whole 1600 on the Tiger.
I test drove one last year that was a couple of years younger when I was thinking about changing, thought it was fantastic to ride if a tiny bit heavy.
I was put off with that one because it was rough round the edges, some scabby paint, a scuff or two.

I wasn't even looking today, I'd just taken the wife to pick her new car up and we just dropped in cause we were at that end of town.

Associate
New (old) bike time:
https://i.imgur.com/nG2og2d.jpg

Pick it up next week.

I have the same bike, same year too. It's a great machine, underrated imo, but I love mine. It can be a bit clunky / snatchy in 1st and 2nd (make sure you have the most up-to-date mapping, it helps with this), but you can ride around that. You also have to plan your corners a bit, it's not what I'd call flickable, but it generally handles well for its size and weight. The engine is lovely, too.

Edit: Oh yeah, if you have the 2010 seat you're probably going to want to change it. I found mine to be so slippery that it was actually dangerous. I went to CM seats for mine, but the 2012+ honda seat also fits and is much better than the original.

Last edited:
Soldato
It's from a Honda dealer with FSH, so it should be ok.

In regards to weight, my first proper bike was a CBR1000f back in 1993 which is/was 7 or 8 kilos heavier than this, so we shall see what happens!

Last edited:
Soldato
niceeee, I love that... congrats!

Good choice! I've always liked the looks of the F4's

Cheers both. I used to race F3s, F4s and F4i's. I have a few swingarms, piston sets, wheel sets and cylinder heads in my garage lol.

It all hinges on getting a job and I just got told today that I've got a job dependant on a DBS check. :)

I wanted one because of my arm restrictions so flat bars were out but R6s etc were expensive. Bought it from a mate.

Back
Top Bottom