****The Sony RX100 Series Owners and Tips Thread****

Soldato
It's a really crap method on all of these mirrorless cameras compared to a DSLR.

I was horrified by it when I first got my A7. It's so much more difficult and slower to move a around a small point than it was to just select the cross focus point on my DSLR. Kind of got used to it now, but still not impressed.

Soldato
It's a really crap method on all of these mirrorless cameras compared to a DSLR.

I was horrified by it when I first got my A7. It's so much more difficult and slower to move a around a small point than it was to just select the cross focus point on my DSLR. Kind of got used to it now, but still not impressed.

Really? Is it that difficult on a Fuji XPro 2 and the forthcoming XT2? It is also very easy on the Olympus Stylus which is touch screen. I always found the awkwardness to be a Sony feature as I asked the same question ten months ago for the Mark II (Sony) ;)

uv

uv

Soldato

That's a bit of a sweeping statement isn't it? My Oly E-M5ii has the option of using the touchscreen for focus, and the option to change the focus point size, in addition to the standard d-pad style. Far easier and quicker than manually selecting a focus point.

Associate
Ive got used to doing it on my X-Pro1 which isnt as efficient as an SLR, but cant get the hang of it yet on the RX100.. need more practice

Soldato
Just seen this on Amazon for £245.00.

Is that a good price or are there better options out there now?

Edit: now back up to £299!

Last edited:
Caporegime
Last edited:
Associate
Love my Mk. II, haven't found a reason to replace it yet.

Anyone else have this bug though, a sharp knock to the back of the camera (say, by folding the screen back in from a downward facing position) causes it to restart? Works perfectly otherwise.

Associate
I'm looking at the RX100 at the moment.

The only apparent downside that bothers me is the lack of a touchscreen... that aside I was wondering which is the best bang for the buck ? Realistically the M4 and M5 are too pricey for me - I can get the M3 for 529 and the M1 349.

Will they both do slow mo (high frame rate at 1080p ?)

Caporegime
OP
Love my Mk. II, haven't found a reason to replace it yet.

Anyone else have this bug though, a sharp knock to the back of the camera (say, by folding the screen back in from a downward facing position) causes it to restart? Works perfectly otherwise.
That's not a 'bug', it's a hardware issue likely caused by a loose connector or something.

Soldato
Would love one of the later ones with the EVF its the only thing i dont like about my mk1. But its still going strong, few scratches on the case but its had a very hard life. Usually take it hiking when anything bigger would be dangerous or high chance or damaging it.

Back
Top Bottom