Sky removing Discovery Packages

Soldato
erm I seem to have lost the Discovery channel etc on my Sky Go already ?!

what the heck ??!!!

can anyone else check to see if not just me please

Soldato
sorry - not the live channel

catchup

I was going to go on there and watch what I needed before it was removed but it seems to have gone ??

I can see Nat Geo, and History channel

but no Discovery channel for catchup ?

Half way through Curse of Oak Island too!!
Andi.

fear not - just realised Curse of Oak Island is on the History Channel - NOT Discovery History

:)

Soldato
Eurosport was good for cycling cover, and had purchased monthly online player subscription before having sky - curiously they have a yearly deal offer of £20 running until 31/01 for online player
- will you be able to buy a sub so that the sky channel is unlocked, like for BT sport ?

Soldato
bit of fun light watching though.

I've just done some tests in Android app on Tablet and Phone - and I can't see Discovery channel listed at all in catchup section - although if I search say for Wheeler Dealers it does find it - and does allow me to download the episodes to watch

Caporegime
Brilliant. The day the German masters starts and the only channel that covers it will be removed.

Eurosport is the only place to watch the majority of snooker and it's the main reason I wanted sky. I will be cancelling my subscription despite having 10 months left if this happens.

Me too. I love their coverage, it's so much better than the beebs and they actually cover pretty much every tourney.

Absolutely gutting. How the hell can I watch it now.

You say Discovery are a shadow of their former selves, I say Sky are as well tbh. It's appalling the amount of programming their losing.

Soldato
:(.

Not in contract with Sky. Virgin media still have them right? Any one know how long their contract with Discovery is? If Discovery is being greedy, don't want to possibly switch only for Virgin to lose it as well at some point.

Man of Honour
83% increase on cost to have some football.
£4.1 billion for 3 years, or just over £11 million per game..

And Sky are going on about value for money?!

Man of Honour
Wow Sky getting a bit of a roasting on social media over it and Discovery channel fuelling the flames with anti-sky ad campaigns, etc. :O (atleast I assume its official rather than someone else using the discovery channel identity).

Soldato
Exactly and even then the BT box is not as good as even 5 year old Sky boxes. I am paying a little more at £32.50pm although that also includes Sky Go Extra.

BT boxes are not that bad I take it you havent got one so what do you base your opinion on ? . I've got two and if the kids can use them okay you can !

There are rumours about a tie-in with BT.

I can see that happening with Eurosport at least - BT buying the rights to bundle it as part of their package, as they did with ESPN, then charging Sky subscribers through the nose for it.

BT already have Eurosport they dont need to buy the rights.

Last edited:
Soldato
83% increase on cost to have some football.
£4.1 billion for 3 years, or just over £11 million per game..

And Sky are going on about value for money?!

Hit the nail on the head, they have over spent massively on sport to stop BT chomping at their heels and are losing revenue to Netflix and other streaming services. To combat this they are trying to produce original content, but then can no longer afford the channels they already offered.

They need to make a choice what and who the are targeting, no longer can they be the one stop shop they were so used to being. :)

Back
Top Bottom