• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

7700k 4.8Ghz bundle packaging, is this normal?

Associate
I've posted on an internet forum it's not like I've set up a picket fence outside the ocuk headquarters lol.
It's just wrong how this is seen as acceptable.

No one said it was acceptable, its just not the cardinal sin you've made it sound like. ott ?

And i asked if you were a traffic warden because you come across as having the mentality of one.

You see when i read your post it sounded like this :-

Last edited:
Soldato
I've posted on an internet forum it's not like I've set up a picket fence outside the ocuk headquarters lol.
It's just wrong how this is seen as acceptable.

No one is saying it's acceptable. It's not. It's poor. We all agree. However life must move on and we can't keep flogging the horse when it died a few pages back.

Soldato
Obviously someone thinks it's acceptable otherwise it wouldn't have been sent out like that. I don't think I'm going ott but to say it's a mistake is wrong.
Negligence or uneducated staff would be a better way of describing it.

Associate
Honestly I have bought stuff from OCUK for a long time now (this is a new forums account couldn't recover my old one.) and its always been superb service.

But if I payed that much for a CPU and it came like that I wouldn't accept it to be fair, rattling about in a cardboard box in a truck all day, no thanks.

You guys can says first world problems and all that but to be honest the first response from 8pack wasn't professional. Having it rattle around in a box with a bit of foam isnt good, its face down on cardboard flying everywhere, no way would I accept that chip even if it worked fine.

Last edited:
Soldato
Not sure what's wrong with some people here.
If I spent £750 for this premium bundle, I'd expect it to be packaged like a premium bundle. Not thrown into an ill fitting box with sod all packaging, certainly wouldn't be happy with a dinged rad too.
It's not an issue of whether it still works or not, a customer is paying NEW prices and should expect AS NEW components?

#paypremiumandfeelletdown

Associate
I agree. Very uncharacteristic of OCUK but thats a poor show.

Not acceptable whatsoever, working cpu or not

Its surely a one off, someone in the warehouse having a bad day or something

Would be nice for someone from ocuk to come along and make a short statement, say its being investigated, and reassure customers this is not usual practice and they will review their packaging procedures. Everybody's minds can be put to rest then, and that should be the final post in this thread, with it being immediately closed afterwards

I solely buy from ocuk, so as a prospective cpu buyer in the future, i would accept that and it wouldnt put me off buying in the future

Associate
Obviously someone thinks it's acceptable otherwise it wouldn't have been sent out like that. I don't think I'm going ott but to say it's a mistake is wrong.
Negligence or uneducated staff would be a better way of describing it.

"Its only me , you don't want to do it like that you want to do it like this "

:D

Caporegime
That video has amused you hasn't it?
Not quite sure what you are trying to prove with it though, the CPU was packaged incorrectly and a trained monkey could have done a better job.

What it says to me is that OcUK have employed somebody who doesn't care about the customer experience.

Which could in turn lead to a customer believing that OcUK as a company does not care.

Good reputations are hard to earn and easy to destroy. And you're only as good as the people you employ.

I would go as far as to say that if this happened to me, I would be placing my orders elsewhere in future. Fortunately I don't buy OEM products these days, so it won't happen to me :p

Associate
That video has amused you hasn't it?
Not quite sure what you are trying to prove with it though, the CPU was packaged incorrectly and a trained monkey could have done a better job.

It proves this thread is hysterical , in both reaction and hilarity.

Most normal people would just nod at the screen and move on.

Let me put it this way, if i worked in customer support and someone phoned in screaming 'unacceptable' and generally making a hoo-har about something that wasn't damaged cosmetically of functionally in any way i would answer you politely and whilst doing so shake my coffee beans at you.

On the other hand if you were to politely phone in and point out the error in a non confrontational way , i would apologize and pass on the information to the relevant department. Simple, job done, no fuss.

You see i'm a Mechanic and i run my own garage, i have two different types of customers as a general rule, i have 'normal' people who understand that humans make mistakes and don't make a fuss about it, i bend over backwards for people like this and give them the best customer service, the 'other type' are people who seem to never be happy no matter what you do and make problems from nothing. They get told to **** off, its as simple as that.

The latter give me the most pleasure in dealing with.

You probably talking about one guy who at one time couldn't find the correct box or ran out and was on a deadline to get the gear packed and ready to ship 'next day' , big deal, mistakes happen get over it no one is perfect.

Last edited:
Soldato
It proves this thread is hysterical , in both reaction and hilarity.

Most normal people would just nod at the screen and move on.

Let me put it this way, if i worked in customer support and someone phoned in screaming 'unacceptable' and generally making a hoo-har about something that wasn't damaged cosmetically of functionally in any way i would answer you politely and whilst doing so shake my coffee beans at you.

On the other hand if you were to politely phone in and point out the error in a non confrontational way , i would apologize and pass on the information to the relevant department. Simple, job done, no fuss.

You see i'm a Mechanic and i run my own garage, i have two different types of customers as a general rule, i have 'normal people who understand that humans make mistakes and don't make a fuss about it, i bend over backwards for people like this and give them the best customer service, the 'other type' are people who seem to never be happy no matter what you do and make problems from nothing. They get told to **** off, its as simple as that.

I'm a former mechanic myself. I quit due to the **** wages in return for the amount of effort the job required.
That analogy doesn't really work here though as OCuK are a retailer and the customer, having paid a hefty premium for it (8pack approved) I and others on here have said OCuK should have done better. What is in place to stop this from happening again? There has been no proper response other than 8pack trying to say that this was fine. Its really not fine.

People seem to think Im moaning for the sake of it. OCuK need to address this. What if the person that packed this continued to do so in this manner whether it be with ram/mobos or whatever? It would leave a customer with a sour taste in his mouth and as already stated could do their reputation harm.

I'm kind of glad you don't work in customer service. Telling customers to **** off is never wise no matter how much of a "hoo-har" they are making about it. (Which is completely subjective by the way) I don't think anyone in this thread has made a "hoo har" and have stated nothing but what they expect from a premium product. Especially given the *insert amazing thread title here* fuss that was kicked up about these new kaby lakes.

You probably talking about one guy who at one time couldn't find the correct box or ran out
Have you ever been to the OCuK shop? If so you would know that this is ******. It isn't ran out of some ****** shed. I go quite regularly and I am impressed, they definitely have boxes available :)

I've spent too much time in this thread. If OCuK was to come in and clear this up then it wouldn't have been 3 pages long of people arguing about what is or isn't acceptable.

Last edited:
Associate
Have you ever been to the OCuK shop? If so you would know that this is ******. It isn't ran out of some ****** shed. I go quite regularly and I am impressed, they definitely have boxes available :)

I've been to the shop many times as my parents live locally, personally I've never seen them picking and packing on the shop floor, maybe i missed the thousands of packing boxes or maybe , just maybe that's done in the warehouse. Next time i'll ask for a tour...........

Unfortunately i don't know any professional pick/packers but i do know a few people that have done it. Its an unskilled labouring job , its hard , boring and doesn't pay very well. Whilst i'm an advocate of taking pride in your work mistakes happen.

Basically your ignorance speaks volumes.

Back
Top Bottom