Why are there so many

Godfather
Godfather
Him.

The original owner was called Pete Radford who eventually employed Mark and then a little later they became partners. Since Pete couldn't be bothered Mark bought him out for ridiculously low money and eventually became a multi millionaire.
That's not quite true.

Overclockers UK was my idea although I was a customer of Pete Radford's business, Millenium Computers. I bought the domain name and presented Pete Radford with a business plan. Pete and I started the business back in 1999 and it was on an equal footing from the start. At the same time I created these forums.

After several years our business relationship broke down and Pete was given the chance to buy me out. He couldn't raise the funds so he agreed to be bought out for exactly the same amount as I was offered. Pete went on do do other things and I grew the business, eventually selling to Caseking in January 2012.

Pete and I are not in touch but I have no bad feelings towards him and I hope he is enjoying life to the full.

Great to see the forums doing so well. 1999 seems like a very long time ago :)

Last edited:
Permabanned
Hi Mark, are you still into your motorsport? I remember you from your Radical days just after we moved to Whitchurch. I think I was racing in National F3 at the time. I hope all is well with you and your family. If you are still in Switzerland I have the perfect car for those amazing hillclimbs over there, the ex Frentzen Lola F3000 he ran just before going into F1.... :)

Godfather
Godfather
Hi Chris. Yes I remember you well! How are things? Do you still have the Zeus?

I'm not doing any track stuff anymore as I have other interests right now. Also, there's the not insignificant problem of me being 6ft7in :D

Here's me at the helm of the Radical back in the day :cool:

image.jpg

Permabanned
Hi Chris. Yes I remember you well! How are things? Do you still have the Zeus?

I'm not doing any track stuff anymore as I have other interests right now. Also, there's the not insignificant problem of me being 6ft7in :D

Here's me at the helm of the Radical back in the day :cool:

image.jpg

It was a nice car that Radical. Yes, I have too many damned cars, I have the original carbon factory Zeus, and I bought a later version from the USA later, which I also still have. I have put a turbocharged Formula Atlantic engine in it. I then decided I should get another single seater after selling a Chevron B16 to Japan for good money, and in a moment of madness bought Heinz-Harald Frentzen's Lola T91 F3000. I ran it a couple of times before deciding it should have a full engine check. That was VERY costly as Mugen V8 parts are hard to come by and I had to have pistons, valves and springs custom made. I am now too frightened of the financial implications of it going bang to enjoy it, and I am not getting any younger, so I think I need to be realistic...

Not raced competitively for ages, but might again just to see that I am not a liability on track yet ;) I have an old Skyline that's just a 2WD GTS-t model, for track days, but have spent a lot of time and money on trickery to make it quick enough to embarrass 4WD ones and keep me interested.

I only came on these forums to ask about a hard drive problem, then found General Discussion and Speaker's Corner. Not being a Facebook / Twitter sort of person I was surprised to find I enjoyed ruffling feathers and having a bit of banter in these places. I'm probably much safer here than on track if truth be told, but we don't like to admit advancing years...

I hope you enjoy Switzerland and whatever interests currently keep you from mischief, nice to know all is good. Look after yourselves! A trio of photos:

donington-lola.jpg

skyline-anglesey.jpg

red-zeus-rockingham.jpg

Back
Top Bottom