*** It Has Officially Launched! ***

Associate
What the point of this? No one ain't gonna to buy it for £24k pc. Seem daft to be honest.

It's all relative. Someone with a lot of wealth might go for this even if for the 'cool' and 'exclusive' factor. Much like the luxury phones people purchase!

Plus helps OCUK get media coverage as seen across various websites.

Soldato
If you have a spare 16k, that amount of time on your hands (which is months for just one person) and that level of skill across so many disciplines (binning, overclocking, CAD, machining, sleeving, bending and above all just planning PC's on this level) then you definitely should be doing it yourself. Aside having 16k I fall into most of those categories and I can tell you when/if anyone gets to that level, it's no longer about owning the PC and saving 8k is just irrelevant. As much as I agree with you and Ian simultaneously there is nobody who can do this who would want to own it so justifying the price is pretty meaningless to that end.

JR

In fairness, I have the ability for the Overclocking (not to 8-Pack level otherwise it would be my job), CAD, Machining, Sleeving & Bending all fine. I don't have the £16k.

If I did have it I would happily design a rig in sketchup and move it into a CAD program for detailed info and take the model from Sketchup to the local machinist and work with them to complete it. Unfortunately if I had £16K my first thing I would be doing is a custom built cafe racer rather than a PC, then likely a custom downhill push bike. I had one designed a few years ago that was going to cost £10k to manufacture and flew across to Canada to talk to the person to work with them over 3 months.

Unfortunately real life came crashing down and due to family circumstances I was unable to pursue it. But that all above is just why I am suggesting at least some of the enthusiasts here could possibly do similar if they wanted.

It is still amazing and worth the money in my eyes, Overclockers have to make a profit and 1 a month and custom always hold a premium due to diminishing returns.

Soldato
Two crazy PC's in one!!

I cant wait to get an order for a five card rig!! Will look boss!!

Was going to say, how far can we go with customising it. Do you have a form that the customer fills out with all the options. Is it a phone call to you to discuss things further even if it's little things like colour of tubing/fluid etc

Can the case be coloured at an extra cost etc? As it is custom almost completely how far can a customer take it if they have the cash?

Soldato
Best_Of_The_Best_1989_580x400.jpg

:cool: :cool: :cool:

damn, gonna have to watch that again now!!

seriously lovely pc 8 pack. looks the ********!

OcUK Staff
Some OrionX benchmarks from the X99 main system choose 3 GPU and get this....

Time Spy DX12

Firestrike

Firestriek Xtreme

Choose 4 GPU in X99 main system get this......

Time Spy DX12

Firestrike

Firestrike Xtreme

Firestrike Ultra

CPU Cinebench R15 rendering:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom