Poll: Should every petition have an opposite petition?

Should online petitions now include an against option?

• Yes

Votes: 25 30.1%
  • No

Votes: 23 27.7%
  • They don't lead anywhere so I don't sign them

Votes: 35 42.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
Last time they did one of these protest petitions, 90% of the signatures were fake and done by bots. I expect this one to be the same.

Soldato
But the petitions are not there to force the government to make a decision in favour of the signatories just bring attention to the public's interest. If enough people are disgruntled then it goes to talks, which is fair even if they make up a minority. It doesn't mean anything will be done about it.

If the government feel that giving the decision to the public will benefit them (for example a vote which will allow parties to lay claim tot he swing voters/new voters), then they will do that but the vast majority of the time, the petitions dont do much but make you feel like you have done your bit by signing it.

Soldato
Yep....I just looked at the json data and it looks like almost all bots using random non-UK IPs. Why do the press not even check this stuff before reporting on it?

They need to remove any signatures made from outside the UK and see how many are left. Probably a fraction of that number.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Yes there should, it is hard for government to assess public opinion when 4 million sign a petition and the rest of the UK have no voice, that said, it can undermine the topic requested to be discussed in parliament.

maybe the combined total should take it to parliament, with for and against up to the government to side with?

Associate
trump-1.jpg

Is anyone surprised where support for the Trump poll comes from?

Caporegime
Why don't you start a petition to allow Trump to come on a state visit and see how many people sign it.

because that fails to be fair due to one getting more publicity etc than the other.

should be a "i agree" or "i dissagree" buttons on every petition submitted to the gov site

Soldato
Why don't you start a petition to allow Trump to come on a state visit and see how many people sign it.

Can't virtue signal with it, so it won't get signed.

64 million in the Uk and 1 million singed some silly petition. There's no need for a counter petition for that, just best ignored.

This.

I'm not going to sign some petition to ban the president because of da feelz and #MuslimBan (which it is not).

Oh and the petition is riddled with foreign ips. LUL.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom