***The Vapers Lounge*** 3.0

Soldato
Thats what I wanted to know, if its something he can do something about then I shall give him the chance to do just that.
Always the way, one dick spoiling stuff for everyone else :(

Soldato
So, is it a mix choice that you emit clouds of vapour? Can you change what/how you are doing it so not to do this or is it part and parcel of vaping?

I need to know what i'm talking about so I can act accordingly, I think he is doing clouds of "I'm a vaper and everyone should know" and he has no need to do this at work but I need to know if thats true :)

You definitely don't need to blow huge clouds to vape. Tell him to tone it down with a lower power setup. You can also hold it in your lungs for a bit to reduce the amount of vapour. If he complains about "but muh flavour", tell him you don't need to do big lung hits to get flavour, and to do the research on a kit that won't blow obnoxious clouds.

If he uses pre-made coils, I can recommend an iStick Basic as a cheap kit with good flavour that isn't overly cloudy. Needs a 50/50 liquid and the coils need priming well.

If he builds his own coils, recommend him a Kayfun 5 clone. I have one, which is pretty much all I use these days, and I love it for it's versatility. Most of the time I'll use it on max airflow, 35W, and blow some clouds, but when I'm in the office I'll knock down the airflow and reduce it to about 15W, still bags of flavour but with a 1-2 second hold in my lungs there are zero clouds.

At the end of the day it's about respect for the people around you, it might not be harmful, and it may smell lovely, but not everyone sees it that way, so he should be mindful.

Soldato
I do this because I'm not a dick - I'm a considerate vaper in the same way I was a considerate smoker. I would explain the situation to him and tell him if he doesn't moderate his vaping, you will be forced to impose a ban. If he has any sense, he'll realise smaller clouds are better than none.

This.

Don't vape where you wouldn't have smoked, and blowing big clouds in crowds of people just highlights the bell end in the group.

Quite rightly tell the guy to wise up or loose the privilege.

Soldato
As an employer I've allowed people to Vape as it is outside smoking laws, now i'm starting to get grief from non smokers about the vapers, or actually one guy who emits clouds of vapour.
I don't want to ban it, there are a couple of others who do it and nobody really notices but this one guy is liable to spoil it for all.
The smoking point/shelter/thing should (ideally) be far away enough from the non-smokers that the cloud chasers don't impact them either.
If the only option is directly outside the front door or open windows, then the vapers (and presumably smokers) will just have to tone it down, though.

I personally enjoy fogging out the shelter and upsetting the smokers, and love the irony of them complaining about my "huge, stinky clouds of sweet strawberry" over their foul, burning ashtray acridity... most realise they haven't a leg to stand on with that and we just laugh about it. A few have since switched to vaping though, so I'm not a total *****. :D

So, is it a mix choice that you emit clouds of vapour? Can you change what/how you are doing it so not to do this or is it part and parcel of vaping?
It is completely a choice to use high VG liquids in SubOhm tanks, yes.
If the vapers want to get on their high horse, limit it to 50/50 ratios of VG/PG and ban SubOhm tanks. Make them show you the resistance printed on the little atomiser, if needs be.

Soldato
We're not talking about a smoking shelter thing, we're talking about in the factory where smoking is not permissible so vaping is being used as an alternative by a few.
This is only really in the last 6 months, before that the smokers were just hitting the fags outside during break but recently vaping has become more mainstream in my observation.

Soldato
We're not talking about a smoking shelter thing, we're talking about in the factory where smoking is not permissible so vaping is being used as an alternative by a few.
IN the factory??!!
That's a big no-no, regardless, then - Unless every single employee vapes, you're impacting too many or your workers.
Send them outside.

Soldato
IN the factory??!!
That's a big no-no, regardless, then - Unless every single employee vapes, you're impacting too many or your workers.
Send them outside.

Its not really how the law has it afaik, vaping indoors is permissible although discretionary and I would rather leave it as so but for this person.

It should not impact others hence my questions.

The law could change, frankly its individuals that publicly chuff like a steam engine that cause non users to question if they should be breathing it in.

Anyway, I never stepped in here to cause issue, i'm here to get facts from people that do it which I have. The individual has been warned and told to research the issue. :)

Soldato
Its not really how the law has it afaik, vaping indoors is permissible although discretionary and I would rather leave it as so but for this person.
Well, if you wanted to use the law as a threat - While there is no actual law against vaping specifically, the general wellbeing and happiness of everyone else trumps his need for huge clouds of strawberry-cherry-berry.

Other than that, restricting it to non-SubOhm tanks and lower VG liquids as mentioned is a perfectly reasonable compromise and no different to pubs that let you vape so long as it's not intrusive, or public transports banning stinky foods.

Anyway, I never stepped in here to cause issue, i'm here to get facts from people that do it which I have.
I don't think you've caused any issue at all, mate - It's good to discuss these things, especially with those who aren't vapers.
Serves as a reminder for every vaper else to mind their manners, too. :p

'S all good!! ;)

Permabanned
Interesting discussion. Was round at the lady friends BFF's the other night. Went to go out for a vape and she insisted I stay inside due to the weather. Within 5 minutes the room was foggy and I felt awful (Cleito 120).

I don't think it's an absolute case of 'where you can't smoke, you can't vape', but I've been shamed by too many ass hole vapers who 'get to chuckin' on the bus around kids. It's just about being considerate at the end of the day.

Soldato
I don't think I will bother revisiting my Cleito/Crown tanks since getting the Smok Big Baby Beast, the fill mechanism is genious and a joy to use!
I do find the fill port a bit tight on some glass pippette tops and the twisty nozzles are just impossible to fill with...

Which coils are you using?

Soldato
Just popped my cherry on my first proper DIY batch, well, one shot concentrate at least.

2x100ml Vampire Vapes Heisenberg
1x100ml NovaVapes Strawberry Milk

Going to start checking out some popular recipes and begin buying some flavour concentrates.

Question: why doesnt http://e-liquid-recipes.com allow you to properly sort redipes by most reviews first to help highlight the most popular ones? It seems it allows you to do it, but the order seems out of kilter?

What's the Heisenberg like?

Associate
My G-Priv and Cloud Beast arrived today. I struggled at first with coughing but have improved my technique and it's not such a problem and should continue to improve as my Cilla grow back.

Associate
http://flavour-boss.co.uk/

Just blew £50 on this site. Cant believe I didnt know of it sooner. They do both premixed and concentrates of all popular DIY clones, the important difference being they actually share the recipe they have used! This is an extremely cost effective way for someone who is new to DIY like me to work out 1) what they like and 2) decide what single flavour concentrates they need to invest in.

I very nearly bought £80 worth of concentrates from Vapable until I found this site. Money well invested in my opinion. Only downside is they only do 30ml premix bottles, no way to try the full range on the cheap with smaller 10ml.

Some people on Facebook are claiming that if you do the math, the premix concentrates work out cheaper than DIY with single flavours, until you get to a point of mixing litres worth. Yet to check that myself, but will still go on to DIY as its fun and I have complete control, barring ordering nic/vg/pg.

Check out their facebook page, its bouncing with people. Seems they are too busy as average despatch takes 4 days.

Check out typical info on a flavour...

NmPjcV1l.jpg

Reading this back it sounds like an ad, but honest its not. Will let you guys know what I think once received.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom