Madeleine McCann investigation 'cost £10 million to date'

Soldato
McCann's lose the appeal against Portuguese detective who claims they covered up the accidental death of their daughter.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nn-s-parents-lose-appeal.html#reader-comments

I am sure many will be outraged by the decision but I think it is common sense.

The detective believes she died and her body was concealed. He has evidence (that is disputed) and wrote a book on his hypothesis and was banned. The book was banned and he was taken to court for libel.

The McCann's insist their child was abducted. They also have evidence to prove it (also disputed). They also have written books and received money from interviews.

Scotland Yard has received around 10 million to solve the case but has so far failed to prove an abduction.

Although not pleasant the Portuguese detective has not been proved wrong in his hypothesis and the McCann's have not been proved right in their account.

It seems a common sense judgement based on the facts to me.

Soldato
Must be about time they were due another few weeks of TV i guess, I still stand by what I've said in the past and they we're to blame for her death and there was no abduction.

Caporegime
This story may won't go away.

It's amazing what media hype and just giving or whatever can do.

Think it's disproportionate but I don't care much for this sort of stuff. Skim past the story in the news and carry on with my day

Caporegime
So, according to the conspiracy theorists:

* the McCanns committed the perfect crime
* they immediately got the police involved
* they spent the next 13 years and countless sums of money keeping themselves in the public eye, thereby ensuring that every move they made would be scrutinised, analysed, and criticised by the public, the media, and Scotland Yard
* they somehow got away with it

They must be criminal masterminds!

:rolleyes:

Soldato
Maybe if he was your son you would care. :rolleyes:

Absolutely correct. I would care about my children therefore I wouldn't abandon my kids on holiday. Your assumption that the McCanns "care" is a very wild one, and not in line with the evident reality of the situation. If you abandon your children you automatically cease to care for them, in a logistical sense, as well as care about them, in a psychological sense.

You cannot care for your children, nor can you care about your children, if you're at a tapas bar, on holiday, without your kids, having a secret afterparty.

Last edited:
Caporegime
You cannot care for your children, nor can you care about your children, if you're at a tapas bar, on holiday, without your kids, having a secret afterparty.

They put their kids in a secure hotel room. They were not having a 'secret afterparty.'

They did the wrong thing by leaving their kids unsupervised, but let's not pretend they just hung them out the window for someone to kidnap.

Man of Honour

but it still goes on and I've seen it several times since Maddie went missing.
Last year in Rhodes there was a family of 4 adults and two kids and in the evening all 4 adults would be sitting at a table by the bar with one of them buggering off every half hour. I've seen this loads of times :( There was another couple who had a baby monitor with them like it made a difference.

Back
Top Bottom