BMW and M Power Owners

Man of Honour
[TW]Fox;30453945 said:
Not for Jaguar it's not.

BMW's distribution centre is in Thorn so BMW UK registered cars will have local prefixes like YF,YG,YK etc

30363146675_e90f4dd608_b.jpg

Like my old one.

Associate
Bought the car used. It does have pro nav I think (the wider screen?) but apparantly the 4 series didn't get Bluetooth streaming till 2015.

Extended Bluetooth can be coded for the price of a cable off eBay (£12).

He could also ask on the usual forums for someone to do it. There are companies out there that charge £50-100 for coding.

Caporegime
[TW]Fox;30453945 said:
Not for Jaguar it's not.

BMW's distribution centre is in Thorn so BMW UK registered cars will have local prefixes like YF,YG,YK etc

I'm aware of that but since we're in the BMW thread and whatnot I'm not clear why we're talking about Jags! I assumed that it being from Sytner and in the BMW thread it would be about...well...a BMW!

Associate
Dealer contacted me again today to say they have checked with bmw head office and I can still buy the 5 year service pack as that's what I'd have been offered at the time of the original vehicle purchase. Going to go for it as saves about £200.

Man of Honour
I've found a noise on my car! NOOOOOOO! Not surprising when I've been driving round in pure silence for the last day lol

But luckily I'm convinced it's purely down to the one new tyre they've put on the passenger side rear as that's where the noise is coming from. Sort of a humming noise on and off at 60mph, any other speed above or below it's fine. So might just check its been balanced properly. Would it make sense that a brand new tyre on one corner might cause a noise like that when all the other tyres are around half worn?

So annoying they only did one tyre, I did ask the service department and they said they would advise changing both tyres on an axel but wouldn't be something they'd enforce

Man of Honour
Looks good but I notice even the 520d M Sport is in the stupid 450 quid a year tax band by virtue of its comedy list price when the reality is you'll pay under 40k for one :(

So that's 40 quid a month on top of the lease cost for a start...

Soldato
[TW]Fox;30459284 said:
Looks good but I notice even the 520d M Sport is in the stupid 450 quid a year tax band by virtue of its comedy list price when the reality is you'll pay under 40k for one :(

It's ridiculous. I've just been reading about it and seen this:

Whatcar said:
Beware, too, that if you buy a car that has a list price of less than £40k, but add some options that take the price over the threshold, you’ll be liable for the higher rate of tax. In short, an option for a few hundred pounds could end up costing you more than £1500 over five years in extra VED costs.

For example, the Audi A6 Avant 2.0 TDI Ultra Black Edition S tronic has an RRP of £39,890 so it would cost £140 a year in VED in years two to six. However, choosing an optional three-point steering wheel for £200 pushes that figure to £40,090 meaning that the Audi will now cost £450 a year in those same years to tax. Whether car manufacturers will change their pricing or specification levels remains to be seen.

Hopefully car manufacturers will be clever about it and tweak their numbers so that everything comes in under £40000

Associate
[TW]Fox;30459284 said:

tell me about it, I brought forward my M3 order to avoid the hike from 265 to 450 ish

possibly not the soundest financial move but I needed a reason to get out of this Golf R estate :)

Soldato
Come on then....somebody help me out.

My 63 plate F10 (which I thought had enhanced bluetooth but probably doesn't) has the pro media/nav. However, when I connect my iPhone 6, the only functions I can tick are Telephone1.

Then under multimedia > external deviced > There is only USB or Front AUX.

I had thought I'd be able to stream via bluetooth but obviously not the case. Is this a feature provided by the enhanced Bluetooth option?

Other than that......wow! Absolutely love it!!

Last edited:

DRZ

DRZ

Soldato
*sigh*

Why are things with BMW such a faff more often than they should be? All resolved now but:

Bought some tyres for the front of my car online and had them delivered to a local tyre fitter. They couldn't get the wheels off! Reckoned the wheels had been put on with an air gun and massively over-torqued as a result.

So, as this is a BMW Approved Used car, which I've owned for around 3 months and done less than 6,000 miles in, I called BMW. Great! They are willing to help and, as long as I can get the original supplying dealer to pay (which means I have to call them, they won't handle it for me), then there will be no cost. I don't understand why they put it on me to call them up, but anyway I give them a call and they agree to pay. Behind the scenes they started haggling on the price...

This all happened on Friday late on, so I was expecting to have my car back on Monday. On Monday I'd heard nothing so I give them a call only to be told that while they had got the wheels off the car, the valve caps have corroded into the valves and cannot be removed. I can't understand why an AUC car would have the incorrect valve caps, but it does. Furthermore, the actual tyre pressure sensor inside one of the rear wheels has been mullered when the supplying dealer changed the rear tyres.

Predictably, my local BMW dealer and the original supplying dealer disagreed about the issue even existing let alone who should pay. BMW UK simply didn't want to know, saying it was a dealership issue not a BMW UK one. I ran out of patience and escalated this to the Dealer Principal of the dealer I bought the car from. He wasn't particularly pleased to be taking my call but I calmly laid out the issue and asked him what could be done to restore my faith in my car, his dealership and the BMW brand. He promised me a resolution by 12pm on Wednesday, recognising the fact that there was a customer who had been without his car for 4-5 days and was looking at a bill north of £500 to rectify issues that shouldn't have been there in the first place.

I got a call yesterday at about 11am to say that my car was ready for collection, with no bill.

Obviously I got the resolution I wanted in the end, but I am *sick* of having to chase and argue with dealerships about things that shouldn't be my issue in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom