**** The Official OnePlus 3 Thread ****

Associate
I've just clicked on this thread due to considering to buy the OnePlus 3T... looks like that's a bad idea after reading the past couple of pages. Looks like I'm back to square one.

Associate
Don't need the speed and concern about the battery get Lenovo P2 :>
Strongly thinking about it...over 5000mAh seems great :) and speed wise will blow my S4 anyway :p

Soldato
I've just clicked on this thread due to considering to buy the OnePlus 3T... looks like that's a bad idea after reading the past couple of pages. Looks like I'm back to square one.

Why's it a bad idea?? I'm absolutely loving my 3t :confused:

It's not given me any problems, apart from the normal Android ones, Battery is awesome, Speed and Screen fantastic! :cool:

Associate
Another fresh 3T user here, only a day in and not had time to mess about much, but is cracking in operation and in network. Screen is fine too.

Forgot how big a 5.5" screen is though, coming from a Z1 Compact :(

Associate

It's not given me any problems, apart from the normal Android ones, Battery is awesome, Speed and Screen fantastic! :cool:

In which case, where would I go to get one for use in Australia? It would have to be unlocked and such. I remember back home we could only get it on one network direct from the OnePlus website. It would be preferable if I could get it before Friday next week, it's trickier to send it here after I get back home.

Soldato
All Oneplus 3 and 3T phones are unlocked, they're dual sim, locking them would defeat the purpose. I'm no expert but it looks like the European version covers Australias bands as well.

If you are pushed for time I would get one from O2, preorder it online and collect in store, I did that and picked it up the same day.

Soldato
Anyone recommend a tempered glass protector, case combo for the 3t? Read so many negatives about rainbow, dots effects, not compatible with lot cases etc.

I have had the Casebase and Orzly ones. Both have broken and both had a rainbow in exact same place which makes me think that they are from the same factory. Fit was just ok, not great, but that's as much to do with the 2.5d screen.

Associate
I have had the Casebase and Orzly ones. Both have broken and both had a rainbow in exact same place which makes me think that they are from the same factory. Fit was just ok, not great, but that's as much to do with the 2.5d screen.

Was looking at the official oneplus protector but seems the border is so wide it covers some screen up.

Man of Honour

This, only had mine a few days but it's been a flawless experience so far.

I forgot how much I love AMOLED displays, battery life is fantastic (Been on battery since 11PM yesterday, 3 hours of screen on time, an hour or two streaming music via Bluetooth and still at 45%)

And as cliché as it is, it's buttery smooth in everything I've done with it so far

Associate
Dont bother with the Orzly v2, its a fingerprint magnet, has rainbow effect, only has adhesive on the black parts, can see loads of dots.
Think I'll stick to the basic protector that comes already applied the phone for now and find a good quality plastic type later. These tampered glass ones just don't work too well on this phone it seems.

Last edited:
Associate
The phone is excellent, an amazing handset for an excellent price.

The previous version of android was excellent, but this recent update to nougat is ****!

I have cleared my cache and performed a factory reset, this hasn't fixed the disappearing widget issue. If I add the clock or Google search bar to the home page, go to an app which opens in landscape (like Clash of Clans) and return to the home page the widgets are removed.

However, performance has increased!

Soldato
I'm a bit miffed with my onenplus 3. Took about 40 photos at my sisters wedding yesterday and 90% are out of focus or just blurry. There are a few that are so bad, some people have two sets of eyes!!

Camera was on default settings as id not long done a reset after upgrading to n.

Just had a good read on the oneplus forums and there's a huge thread all about the poor camera. Seems it's most likely software related as the hardware is supposed to be pretty good.

Have to say, other than yesterday I have only took a handful of photos and never really noticed much of an issue until now.

Luckily the mrs had her s7 with her, which has took some fantastic photos.

Left a bad taste in my mouth now, so wondering if I should sell and get the Pixel (fancy one, just put off on the price).

anyone else had camera issues?

Associate
glen8;30496259 said:
I'm a bit miffed with my onenplus 3. Took about 40 photos at my sisters wedding yesterday and 90% are out of focus or just blurry. There are a few that are so bad, some people have two sets of eyes!!

Camera was on default settings as id not long done a reset after upgrading to n.

Just had a good read on the oneplus forums and there's a huge thread all about the poor camera. Seems it's most likely software related as the hardware is supposed to be pretty good.

Have to say, other than yesterday I have only took a handful of photos and never really noticed much of an issue until now.

Luckily the mrs had her s7 with her, which has took some fantastic photos.

Left a bad taste in my mouth now, so wondering if I should sell and get the Pixel (fancy one, just put off on the price).

anyone else had camera issues?
Evidently, the phone relies much on RAM-consuming post-processes in order to generate great-looking photos. Earlier OOS versions produced amazing images.

Also in auto mode the shutter is slow in favour of image stabilisation.

Back
Top Bottom