**Ghost Recon Wildlands** Official thread

Soldato
It's pretty fun so far, really enjoying the open world aspect. Though I tend to put my teammates somewhere and solo most missions.

Going to wait for this to drop down in price, since it's being released in the same month as Mass Effect.

Soldato
meh to the performance in this, I didn't think there was a game that could possibly run worse than ark....

Aside from that, I quite like the game, I would say it feels closest to far cry in terms of the open world + outposts and being able to approach said objective or whatever by however you choose, be it guns blazing, stealth etc.

But yeah until the performance is fixed, meh! Just remember folks, don't pre-order....

I wonder if they will actually be able to improve the performance considering how big and open the map/game is (according to ubi, this is the biggest play area in any of their games), either way, surely it has to perform better in the final version?! Game certainly seems like it could benefit from a low level API like vulkan/dx 12 too.

You got the new driver?

Caporegime
You got the new driver?

I would rather put my PC on fire than try out another relive driver :p

Don't think it would make any difference anyway:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Wildlands/comments/5rtly9/baaaaad_performance/

Even people with 1080/1070 and i7 skylake etc. are having abysmal performance and this is at 1080P lel...

he needs more then a new driver tony :D

Yup I need a ps 4 pro :D ;) PC gaming is just complete and utter **** now for optimised titles.

Soldato
I initially got pretty bad performance. Shadows seemed to be the culprit for me. Got it on medium settings now and getting 60 most of the time but still a few drops to low 40s.

Though the game itself is really fun if not a bit easy even on ghost difficulty, would be nice if instead of having options to remove the hud elements they were removed as the difficulty increased.

Playing this solo reminds me of metal gear solid 5 and how that got so much right and also ran amazingly well, if only that had coop...

Speaking of coop if anyone that has access wants to pair up add me on uplay: DaveCun7

Underboss
Well uninstalled the beta now, just boring. Performance is not as absolutely diabolical as many people are saying, however im on a 6700k @4.8 & gtx 1080 and 1080p just for reference.

Good to know that a £600 GPU and an i7 can run it. Thank god we all have the latest hardware aye.

;)

Associate
3440x1440 with rig in my signature and even at medium it won't hold 60fps (unless in a chopper, but I imagine it's producing less ground textures while airborne) At medium settings it looks pretty poor and shadows on the fawna constantly flickers.

Gameplay is pretty poor, the character movement feels poor and just try walking up or down an internal staircase, while your character attempts to glue himself to every wall! I do like the amount of customisation options though.

I really expected this to play like a hybrid of the Division & R6 Siege, with a focus on tactics and realism but you can just charge in everywhere (one difficulty down from hardest, will test hardest tomorrow)

Oh, anyone else getting really laggy texture streaming? While driving I am mostly looking at an untextured mess while it attempts to keep up. None of my friends have experienced this though.

Can't see me buying this till bargain bin if at all to be honest, it could have been a lot better but with a month to go I don't think they can sort it out.

Back
Top Bottom