NFL 2016 Season

Soldato
What an absolute ass fest of a game.
Packers did nothing, our defence was beyond pathetic and we had left the stadium by the second quarter.
Im going to go there again with Capers, but he is consistently awful and we really need to get rid once and for all.

34 points and 440 yards allowed over the last 6 playoff elimination games - is a ******* JOKE.

also congrats Atlanta, im not salty just beyond frustrated at a wasted game.

Both games were carbon copies of each other. The Steelers were beyond pathetic again against the Patriots :( Outplayed in every area and outcoached once again by BB and the rest of the Pat's.

Soldato
Disappointing as a steelers fan but not unexpected. Why butler insisted on zone coverage against a qb known for picking apart zone defences in his sleep. Ah well, Another year for the rookies on defence and Bryant back next year (I hope) maybe we can put on another run.

It's hard not to feel like Tomlin, Haley and Butler are holding this team back. A lot of talent and yet consistently we turn up to games looking under prepared.

Soldato
If beasley and co can get to brady then I think Atlanta wins. No pressure on brady and atlantas developing secondary could be hammered. Houston showed the blueprint, inside blitz! Need to rattle Brady early on and disrupt his flow.

As well coached as the patriots are, they are definitely beatable and Atlanta have the weapons across the field to do it, hell Houston would have won with a halfway competent QB. Didn't Matt target 7 different receivers in the first half of packers or something?

Steelers played right into pats hands and that doesn't surprise me as tomlin and co have been struggling to prep the team all year. Rushing 3 dropping 8 into zone coverage against one of the best QB's around. You can't give someone like Brady that much time to throw. I gave up towards the end, consistently watching your OLBs drop back into coverage just so Brady could throw another 20+ completion when somebody blows coverage was beyond disheartening.

Last edited:
Soldato
It's going to be a good SB. Belichick will try to do what he did against Pittsburgh and take Atlanta's best WR out of the game, so that means it will fall on the likes of Sanu and Gabriel to make the plays. I expect the Pats to be solid against the run, meaning Atlanta will be forced to throw it more than they'd like, so it will probably depend on how the Pats secondary copes against Atlanta's WRs and TEs.

On the other side, Atlanta has to get pressure on Brady. Without pressure Brady will pick the Falcons defence apart, and I wouldn't be surprised to see NE run the ball much more successfully than they did against the Steelers.

Soldato
It's going to be a good SB. Belichick will try to do what he did against Pittsburgh and take Atlanta's best WR out of the game, so that means it will fall on the likes of Sanu and Gabriel to make the plays. I expect the Pats to be solid against the run, meaning Atlanta will be forced to throw it more than they'd like, so it will probably depend on how the Pats secondary copes against Atlanta's WRs and TEs.

On the other side, Atlanta has to get pressure on Brady. Without pressure Brady will pick the Falcons defence apart, and I wouldn't be surprised to see NE run the ball much more successfully than they did against the Steelers.

The difference being that as soon as bell went out of the game we didn't have many options as Coates and rogers were dropping passes, we needed Bryant and ladarius green to give Ben some better options and a vertical threat. Sanu, freeman who can catch out of the backfield etc are much better options so if pats double cover jones they are going to leave Sanu or freeman open. Really hope Atlanta win.

Soldato
Great season this year, enjoyed it especially the playoffs/championship games. I thought the Packers were going to make and take the Superbowl this time. WRONG.

GOOO FALCONS.

Associate
Booked tomorrow off work especially so I can watch the Superbowl tonight.

As is my luck I'm currently sat in the dark due to a power cut! Better fix it soon.

I'm a bit conflicted as I'd like to see the Panthers win as they have been the best team all season, but it would be a shame if Peyton retired with only 1 ring, especially considering Eli has 2.

Electricity North West really dislike the Superbowl. 2 Superbowl Sunday's in a row with a power cut. Little earlier this year so will hopefully be fixed well before kick off.

Back
Top Bottom