Rationing hits British supermarkets

Caporegime
You're all making light of the situation...but this may only be the tip...

Is this an Iceberg joke? :mad:

...do people still eat lettuce then? A pointless and tasteless food if ther ever was such a thing.

Yes, people still eat lettuce because if they didn't then this thread would be even less relevant than it is already and that is a new low that we shouldn't even contemplate.

Soldato
2016 got sick of celebrities and is now flailing around like a barbed wrecking ball, savaging our precious iceberg lettuces.

Soldato
...do people still eat lettuce then? A pointless and tasteless food if ther ever was such a thing.

Very much so. Goes really well with meals.

Who has ever bought 4 or more iceberg letruces?

A women who owns a sandwich shop here was on the local news complaining she wasn't able to buy more. Sort of annoyed me since she is only buying them to make money. You have families who buy and eat these things but are now unable to do so because of people like her buying in bulk, only thinking about herself, her customers and the money coming in.

On the BBC it was also reported these people changed to buying supermarket stock because their regular had upped the price.

Last edited:
Associate
Yeah well, screw you all. I got the last pack of courgettes in Tesco today, so I'm satiated in all possible manners.

Might pop them up on eBay later. They'll probably need a scrub if you buy them though,....

Soldato
Who has ever bought 4 or more iceberg letruces?

Think I recall a guy running a burger thing called "the trailer of life" which would park up in the cambridge market square in the evenings.

He'd go shopping in sainsburys in his trailer of life t-shirt and fill a trolley with lettuce, tomatos, onions and other related stuff. Can't recall if he bought the meat for the burgers there.

He did good burgers tbh.

HAH it still exists and is actually a limited company.

Caporegime
You're all making light of the situation...but this may only be the tip...

Iceberg lettuce really isn't great. I've swapped to mixed greens more recently and it's much nicer.

Think all our stuff comes from California so we aren't affected I believe.

Soldato
We're all laughing now but when **** hits the fan there will be nothing left in Morrisons except radioactive cockroaches. And we won't even be able to grow our own **** because of nuclear radiation. The only things growing, unless you're already dead of course, will be our third testicles and other mutant appendages.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Well obviously. Don't you know your signs of the apocalypse?

Plagues, pestilence and a shortage of Iceberg lettuces are sure signs of impending doom!

Soldato
Am I bovvered? Am I?!

Apart from spuds I only buy frozen veg and thats not effected so I'm good. Don't care much for lettuce and regular salad not at all, Mixed Leaf Salad isn't bad but I buy that in bags. If thats out there'll be hell to pay! :p

Soldato
Who buys iceberg lettuce at all let alone loads at once?

Awful flavourless waste of water, growing space and resources, much prefer a nice bag of mixed leaves, watercress, rocket and spinach etc....

Back
Top Bottom