Peugeot 3008 SUV

Associate
I had a new peugeot estate as a hire car recently (I can't remember what it was) but I thought it was quite nice compared to the focus and astra stuff I usually get lumbered with from work. Interior looked similar, was a nice place to be. Hope you enjoy it :)

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I drove one of these today, the 1.2 litre model. Rather impressed at how comfortable it is and how well built the interior is. The dash and console bits are matte soft touch and looks/feels premium.

The instrument cluster display is cool and I thought everything was laid out pretty logically. All controls are driver focused, and the standard level of gadgets is also very good.

The wireless charging pad in the console isn't fast wireless charging, so expect around 4 hours to charge a phone with a 3600mAh battery.

The flat top and bottom small steering wheel was the best bit. Made steering feel sharper, and the car itself corners rather flat for what it is.

The engine was also insanely quiet.

Big thumbs up to Peugeot really, they've nailed everything about this vehicle from what I could see.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Well my order is in the country, so should be at the dealer/delivered soon enough.. I know the number plate already :D

The 1.2 is really fun from what I've seen. Although some additional low down torque for the diesel works for large loads. Still it's a good ~250Nm for the 3 cylinder 1.2... Mine is the 1.6 BlueHDI 120 with 300Nm. Slow to accelerate but when you have a boot full of camping gear that torque helps on hills.

Soldato
OP
1.2l 3 cylinder.. 131hp 230Nm

2.0 Diesel 400Nm 180hp..

The 1.6 Diesel 300Nm 120hp.. not quite as fast ... but I'm for lazy driving :D Although they do get some wheel spin/traction control..

Last edited:
Soldato
Interested to hear your thoughts once you have owned if for a little while.

This particular car has caught both mine and the wifes eye as a potential replacement for the Qashqai. I think at a couple of years old it could be a good buy on the second hand market.

Don
I tell you what, that anti-clockwise tachometer would do my head in. I was watching it just then thinking "That's quiet for red-lining", then he pulled away and the needle went the wrong way!

Xez

Xez

Associate
Did you test drive any other SUV's to compare? My dad is on the look out for one and I've recommended the 3008 to at least test drive. He seems to be more heading towards the Seat Ateca or Ford Kuga but the tech in these just don't seem to be on par with the Peugeot.

Soldato
OP
This is a great, serious but slightly tongue in cheek review..

https://youtu.be/fHKi7A29Dxo

I had a look at a few including Audi, Merc, Mitsubishi etc. I avoided Ford given the bad customer care experience (resulted in a Twitter tirade on my part but they lied about getting the replacement alternator in and almost cost me a vacation camping so I had to source, collect and fit it overnight myself).

Last edited:
Soldato
I must say, I do like the interior on these.

Not my cup of tea but it looks like a good all around car and a vast improvement on what it replaces.

Soldato
I tell you what, that anti-clockwise tachometer would do my head in. I was watching it just then thinking "That's quiet for red-lining", then he pulled away and the needle went the wrong way!
I thought that but then I remembered the clocks in the AM Vantage are like that and that made it fine all of a sudden :o :p

Soldato
Jeez...really!? :confused:

Snobbery on this forum sometimes is ridiculous.

No where near as bad as it used to be but years on and certain people just cant/wont grow up

I like Peugeot they make nice looking cars with nice interiors I really like the 308 and the 1.6T looks great on paper but there is something that would always prevent me from buying one

Back
Top Bottom