• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

1060 6GB or RX 480 8GB?

Associate
OP
Thanks for the feedback. Keen on the power color but, if I was to raise my budget to 400, I'd be in the 1070 territory, is it worth the jump?

Associate
Thanks for the feedback. Keen on the power color but, if I was to raise my budget to 400, I'd be in the 1070 territory, is it worth the jump?

You'll have to give us a little more info than that I'm afraid.

What games do you play? What resolution are you playing at? What monitor do you use?

Associate
There are loads of these 1060 v 480 threads on here..

Anyway to answer your question the 8gb 480 is the one to get, it's got better and better with drivers, its ahead in DX12 and will out last the 1060 in the long run

OcUK Staff
Ordering that Power Color right now! How long are these offers valid for?

Whilst stock last really, Powercolor and AMD have helped fund the deal for us on the basis of taking 500 units, were already down to 300 left.

RX 480 sales are getting very strong again, our Sapphire deal sold out in less than a week and the Nitro cards are absolutely flying, but at this price the Devil card is pretty much unbeatable.

Associate
OP
Thanks for the update Gibbo, ordering later today. Just received my other parts today, OcUK. Thanks for the Haribo! LOL.

Soldato
Wow, great price on the Red Devil, even less than I paid before Christmas with the previous offers.

I'm finding it a cracking card though not stretching it too far as I'm only running at 1080p and Free-sync but was a timely upgrade from my 5870.

Associate
I went for the XFX GTR, great great upgrade from my 770.

Haven't done any benchmarking or what have you but the immediate noticeable improvment, oh my...

And I'd like to say it's really quiet, but I don't think the fans have even had to run yet so can't truly comment.

Back
Top Bottom