Who here owns a Fiesta ST?

Caporegime
Well my ST needs a new throttle body which the dealer is expecting today. Hopefully I will get it back Monday.

I have a Zetec S 1.0 eco boost 125 at the moment as a courtesy car. Quite amazing how different it is.

Really makes you appreciate how quick and how good the handling is on the ST compared to the standard models. The handling on the Zetec s is not very confidence inspiring. It is still good but you don't get the feel for where the grip is like you do with ST. It feels quite "wooly" or soft in comparison.

The 1.0 ecoboost is quite a nice little engine. Very quiet and actually has a decent amount of spirit in 2nd gear above 3500rpm. Feels very slow in all the other gears/all other rev ranges compared to the ST obviously.

Also surprising is that the fuel economy is really not that much better than the ST.

Anyone else had any throttle body issues on their STs?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Test drove a ST3 Mountune and was impressed with the spec, handling and power. Just need to find one in red which is my preferred colour.

Soldato
Well my ST needs a new throttle body which the dealer is expecting today. Hopefully I will get it back Monday.

I have a Zetec S 1.0 eco boost 125 at the moment as a courtesy car. Quite amazing how different it is.

Really makes you appreciate how quick and how good the handling is on the ST compared to the standard models. The handling on the Zetec s is not very confidence inspiring. It is still good but you don't get the feel for where the grip is like you do with ST. It feels quite "wooly" or soft in comparison.

The 1.0 ecoboost is quite a nice little engine. Very quiet and actually has a decent amount of spirit in 2nd gear above 3500rpm. Feels very slow in all the other gears/all other rev ranges compared to the ST obviously.

Also surprising is that the fuel economy is really not that much better than the ST.

Anyone else had any throttle body issues on their STs?

I didn't on mine but a few people on the owners club forums have.

And yea the standard Fiesta models feel completely different to the ST. They look the same shape but theres a lot of mechanical differences underneath. The steering and suspension is entirely different.

Last edited:
Caporegime
The Mk6? quiet common really. Normally you can take the black plastic cap off the side and clean it with electrical cleaner and it fixes it.

If not i got a bran new 60mm here from my MR200 kit.

No, mk7! Less than two years old!

Just seemed like it went haywire (couldn't idle properly, surging, cutting out completely, starving engine of fuel etc). The ODB code said that the throttle valve control unit had malfunctioned.

They have just replaced the whole throttle body now and i am picking it up tomorrow so hopefully all will be good again.

Soldato
Deposit has been paid for the MR265 kit. In prep, I thought it would be interesting to get a comparison between the two kits, so I went over to Ti Motorsport today for a few dyno runs on the MR230.

Very happy, bang on power figures. I'll be heading back there once I have the new kit installed.

Is4xq2C.gif

Associate
Going for a test drive on the weekend, thinking of taking advantage of Ford's current £2100 discount, and 0% finance. Is it worth considering the ST200 at all?

Soldato
ST200 is about 5k more, you get an LSD and it comes pre-tuned with about the same power as the MP215 kit for the standard car. But unless your throwing it around a track it's probably not worth the extra. It will hold it's value better though as they are in limited supply.

Associate
Logsi;30478258 said:
He's grabbed the larger mountune one. Think it's a few pages back now. Is this the same Strax that's on STOC? Just got MR230 and had drove to and from Stoneacre a few times for it to be fitted?

Yes, that's me;)

I've made a few trips to Stoneacre, I was there yesterday with my son and his ST, he was getting the TRC splitters fitted. I'm also heading back down next week for a Quaife diff for mine.:)

Caporegime
Logsi;30478258 said:
Up for renewal with them currently and they really don't want to insure the Fiesta. I'm in an A rated postcode and it's still topping £500 with 5 years NCB, 10 years driving experience and me being 28.

Other insurers are well under £400. :(

I may have to jump ship. Never rewarded for loyalty with insurers.

Yup last year greenlight were significantly more expensive than elsewhere for my ST 215 so I jumped ship. They wanted over £500 when I could get the basically the same cover with a smaller excess for £380 from AXA.

On another note - I have my ST back! It had the throttle body replaced under warranty and all seems good again now :). Something very nice about having your car go wrong and picking it up just to be handed the key and told "that was all covered under warranty sir"! I bet that would not have been cheap otherwise!

I was annoyed yesterday though as I noticed that the tow van cables/restraints had rubbed on and marked the paint on my car in a few places . However I ordered some Farecla G3 Professional Scratch Remover Liquid which got delivered today and WOW, it works wonders on the marks. Pretty much completely gone now just from a quick try :). Might give them another go to get rid of them completely another day. I would highly recommend it though for small surface scratches/scuffs.

Soldato
Strax;30480174 said:
Yes, that's me;)

I've made a few trips to Stoneacre, I was there yesterday with my son and his ST, he was getting the TRC splitters fitted. I'm also heading back down next week for a Quaife diff for mine.:)

Good choice on getting the diff, makes such a difference, even in the day to day.

Not sure if you've driven a car with an LSD before, I was given some advice by the guys at Collins to take it a bit easy until you learn how it changes the car. :cool:

Jono8;30480319 said:
Yup last year greenlight were significantly more expensive than elsewhere for my ST 215 so I jumped ship. They wanted over £500 when I could get the basically the same cover with a smaller excess for £380 from AXA.

On another note - I have my ST back! It had the throttle body replaced under warranty and all seems good again now :). Something very nice about having your car go wrong and picking it up just to be handed the key and told "that was all covered under warranty sir"! I bet that would not have been cheap otherwise!

I was annoyed yesterday though as I noticed that the tow van cables/restraints had rubbed on and marked the paint on my car in a few places . However I ordered some Farecla G3 Professional Scratch Remover Liquid which got delivered today and WOW, it works wonders on the marks. Pretty much completely gone now just from a quick try :). Might give them another go to get rid of them completely another day. I would highly recommend it though for small surface scratches/scuffs.

Glad you're all sorted. Don't hear of throttle body issues on these, but I guess these things happen. Will take a look at the G3 stuff as well!

Associate
killer_uk;30481021 said:
Good choice on getting the diff, makes such a difference, even in the day to day.

Not sure if you've driven a car with an LSD before, I was given some advice by the guys at Collins to take it a bit easy until you learn how it changes the car. :cool:

Nope, I haven't driven one with a LSD before. I take it you mean about getting used to the transfer of power when a wheel loses grip?

Back
Top Bottom