husband cash in a divorce 15 years ago is told he must up her maintenance

Caporegime
Looks like she has health troubles and a kid, which is only vaguely mentioned towards the end of the article. Still, it's ridiculous that he should be expected to be some kind of safety net when it's been over a decade! If she's got health issues, shouldn't the welfare system be taking care of her?

They broke up in 2002 assuming the child was born that year its 15 now

What are the odds rhe xhild is now an adult?

Caporegime
People still get married? Why lol

Must be love, love, love.

In my opinion outside of parent/child relationships love doesn't really exist in the way fairytales have you believe, it's not an everlasting thing, more of an in the moment feeling that can change on the fly. I mean when you look at how a lot of relationships and marriages end it becomes quite apparent one party or both never truly loved the other.

There are very few people who spend an entire lifetime with someone who've never thought about that "someone else" and if you do it's quite apparent you aren't in love or most likely never really were.

Monogamy doesn't really make a lot of sense when you look at the big picture or how we've evolved, it's quite a modern behaviour.

Caporegime
They say the court cant give a suggestion of where she is meant ro cur rhe 300 a month shortfall.

Surely the answer is move out of london.

Soldato
I'm no white knight but the misogynist comments in this thread are really telling. If the woman is the breadwinner and the father had custody, she would be expected to pay maintenance - gender does not play a role.

It's not misogynistic to ask why she can't take steps to support herself or at least cut her outgoings this long after divorce. Especially considering that she had money and squandered it.

If an ex of mine won the lottery 15 years after I divorced her and we had no children under 18, I would think it insane to expect a payout from her.

Soldato
He's married to someone else and has another child, sounds to me like she's jealous and can't let go..
She came out of the divorce with a pretty good deal, it's not his fault she's a ****..

Soldato
Most marriages fail but people stay together for money/kids.
Marriage is a retirement plan for women. You have to get the men young though while their brains are in their trousers.
Any man getting married is an idiot.
All my friends marriages have failed and they all lost out in the deal - the women always win.
Women are also a drain on the country.

Not all women want to pop out kids and to rip some poor bloke off. Sorry you're bitter but they're not "all the same"

Agreed that getting married is a silly idea these days though.

Soldato
I'm no white knight but the misogynist comments in this thread are really telling. If the woman is the breadwinner and the father had custody, she would be expected to pay maintenance - gender does not play a role.

The baiting is so obvious I will bite for fun :)

I don't think anyone here has any problems paying for their kids but when the dopey bitch took him to the cleaner, spunked it all and then expects more because of her poor choices... Doesn't quite cut it with me.

With regards to the gender roles being reversed.... it doesn't happen. Cite me 5 examples where the woman was the breadwinner, the guy got custody and then the woman paid maintenance to the guy, the guy spunked the money and then gets more from the woman.

The above wouldn't happen anyway as 99% fo the time the bloke doesn't even get custody

Soldato
Most marriages fail but people stay together for money/kids.
Marriage is a retirement plan for women. You have to get the men young though while their brains are in their trousers.
Any man getting married is an idiot.
All my friends marriages have failed and they all lost out in the deal - the women always win.
Women are also a drain on the country. Look at all the unmarried mothers and their children we are paying taxes to keep on welfare, there are entire housing estates full of them. Then it's not worth them working because they get more in benefits, then they retire on a state pension and have never worked or contributed a penny in taxes in their whole life. Men pay for everything.

Not sure if you are 60 and bitter or baiting hard for the white knights but regardless of which.... hilarious read

Soldato
It's his fault for not getting a clean break divorce settlement at some between now and then and just thinking giving the stupid cow his money in the first place would shut her up.

When I got divorced just over 10 years ago I got a clean break, shes not been able to make a claim on any of the properties I've bought or been left since then, my increased earnings, or claim anything at all in fact.

It's been quite funny, the bitterness has been very real.

Caporegime
Why? Sure it seems a long time but we aren't ready or rushing into these things. To us it's more important to just simply be together than it is to have our name in marriage.

i suppose beause for most people a 15 year relationship would be about half thier concious life span.

Back
Top Bottom