(possible) Redundancy doom

Soldato
I would try to get yourself lined up for another position, send out some applications maybe, talk to some recruiters and see whats around.

Worst comes to worst you get laid off and haven't landed a position you can speak to the jobbie and get JSA.

So worst comes to worst... you'll just be able to scrape by. Best solution is to land something before then.

Best of best solution. You don't get made redundant. :D

Good luck.

Associate
OP
I would try to get yourself lined up for another position, send out some applications maybe, talk to some recruiters and see whats around.

Worst comes to worst you get laid off and haven't landed a position you can speak to the jobbie and get JSA.

So worst comes to worst... you'll just be able to scrape by. Best solution is to land something before then.

Best of best solution. You don't get made redundant. :D

Good luck.

Cheers, I've already started hunting. But I'm left in a difficult situation...I now no longer want to stay with this company. However, I was given a large sum of money as a welcome bonus which I have to pay back if I leave.

Therefore I'm stuck in limbo, as I can't leave for something new unless I get made redundant which will void repaying the bonus. If I do get kept on then I'm stuck in a low moral team who will all want out of the sinking ship.

Thug
Soldato
Cheers, I've already started hunting. But I'm left in a difficult situation...I now no longer want to stay with this company. However, I was given a large sum of money as a welcome bonus which I have to pay back if I leave.

Therefore I'm stuck in limbo, as I can't leave for something new unless I get made redundant which will void repaying the bonus. If I do get kept on then I'm stuck in a low moral team who will all want out of the sinking ship.

Sounds like you wouldn't be laid off then if they paid the cash to you? As I doubt they would have made the decision to fire before they had hired you. Wouldn't make sense.

As for low moral. Meh. It's a job and a grad one. Just use and abuse. Learn as much as you can. Fast. Put your hand up for everything, make it known you want to rise. Get a better job title then leave for a lot more. ^^

Soldato
A bit iffy but i think in that situation i would try to influence whomever it would be deciding the staff whom will be cut from the company that you really enjoy the job and that it would leave you devastated if you lost it. Just to make it that bit harder for them to do it to you.

Everyone has emotional strings that can be pulled. <-- makes me sound like a manipulative psychopath.

Man of Honour
Plenty of organisations have teams with low morale, so if you aren't prepared to work in such environments it may limit your future opportunities.

Regarding the welcome bonus, presumably it has an expiry period so I wouldn't dismiss seeing that out (unless you can line up another job that makes forgoing it worthwhile of course).

TS7

TS7

Soldato
Plenty of organisations have teams with low morale, so if you aren't prepared to work in such environments it may limit your future opportunities.

Yep, you really can't let this affect you. Unless you manage to land a job in a 'hip and happening' start up in a funky area of London where they have ping pong tables in the office and everyone rocks up in a t-shirt - there's a large chance any corporate office environment will not be all happy and dancing. There's always an element of low morale for differing reasons among different employees. It doesn't last forever.

Soldato
Sure there may be plenty of vacancies out there but the amount of applicants is colossal.

Half the time you don't even hear back.

Associate
OP
So I've just had a recruitment agency contact me, and try and get me to apply for the role I'm being made redundant from...But on a six month contract.

Bit of a joke really, they're kicking us all out and replacing us with contractors.

Caporegime
Jokester;30474419 said:
I think that's his point, between zero hour contract workers and self employed "contractors" yeah sure, unemployment is historically low.

the vast majority of jobs (including new jobs) are not zero hours contracts though... I'm not really seeing any point - zero contracts exist, so what?

Caporegime
riddler;30479524 said:
So I've just had a recruitment agency contact me, and try and get me to apply for the role I'm being made redundant from...But on a six month contract.

Why not follow it up - get your redundancy and a pay rise too! Then move onto another contract or another perm role.

Associate
OP
dowie;30481538 said:
Why not follow it up - get your redundancy and a pay rise too! Then move onto another contract or another perm role.

Hahaha if only. When you leave the company you can't return for 12 months.

Back
Top Bottom