*** The Official Destiny Thread (now includes 2.0 and TTK) ***

Soldato
I am thinking that we will see both VoG and CE brought up to 350/370+ light (NM & HM) and some other QoL improvements to keep people happy / interested / playing the game.

From what I have recall it can work from a Lore perspective (Bungie like things to tie into the lore) and would be an "easy win" for the development team (ground work is already done, main focus would be on enemy balancing).

I have no idea what they would do weapon wise (raid rewards), but honestly with D2 on the radar later in the year there would be no real harm in just bringing forward everything as is. Simply let us have fun with Yr 3 FB / Vex* / VoC / Fang etc before they all become irrelevant. Kind of like a last hurrah / blow out spectacle.

*The Vex will need a buff (not to damage but to stability / ammo reserve / Mag size) to make it worth the exotic slot though.

jpm

jpm

Associate
Simply let us have fun with Yr 3 FB / Vex* / VoC / Fang etc before they all become irrelevant. Kind of like a last hurrah / blow out spectacle.

That's exactly what I was thinking, let us all have everything back from year 1 and have fun getting it all back.

It'll be a laugh going through an updated VoG and CE with the regulars :)

Soldato
That's exactly what I was thinking, let us all have everything back from year 1 and have fun getting it all back.

It'll be a laugh going through an updated VoG and CE with the regulars :)

As long as I get my Yr 3 Icebreaker before then I will be happy.

Mrs got it last after her first NF in ages..... My RNG sucks! :(

Soldato
I'm balls deep into Destiny again. Hunter is 389, Titan and Warlock both above 385. Got an exotic class item last night.

Next stop, going to tackle the raid tonight. Got to the boss last time but had a right tool on our team who kept trying to shotgun the Captains and each time he'd die and leave me alone in the middle. Grrr.

If I can get to 390 tonight I'll be happy. It's the real grind now though. Yuck!

I know VOG is level capped so HM is still as hard as it was when you reached level 30 was it?

I have some friends who only recently started Destiny so we ran them through VoG on Normal and they still found it tricky. But that was mostly the method of the stages. Specifically the teleportation and oracle phases.

Last edited:
Associate
Yeah, it's kind of gotten to be a seasonal thing now hasn't it. I can't bring myself to play when there's nothing new though. I love Destiny and don't want to spoil that by mindlessly grinding for no reason at the moment. Still need Icebreaker though, so good.

When the updated raids come along (if) then it's back on.

Soldato
As long as Davey's back with his call outs we'll all be more than fine.

I played Destiny last week......... for an hour.

I miss Destiny.

SCREENS!!!! :D

Yeah, it's kind of gotten to be a seasonal thing now hasn't it. I can't bring myself to play when there's nothing new though. I love Destiny and don't want to spoil that by mindlessly grinding for no reason at the moment. Still need Icebreaker though, so good.

When the updated raids come along (if) then it's back on.

I must admit that I do like to jump on and do a couple of strikes every now and then. I just find it fun to play. Makes a nice change from the "spend 30 minutes remembering the attack combos for max Deeps" of STO.

jpm

jpm

Associate
As long as I get my Yr 3 Icebreaker before then I will be happy.

Mrs got it last after her first NF in ages..... My RNG sucks! :(

I still haven't got it either, I haven't done a NF for a while though.

I only pop on now do a heroic for the treasure in hope getting some skins for my weapons.

Other games have been taking up my time, Completed Resident Evil 7 and now going through Rise of the Tomb Raider.

Soldato
I still haven't got it either, I haven't done a NF for a while though.

I only pop on now do a heroic for the treasure in hope getting some skins for my weapons.

Other games have been taking up my time, Completed Resident Evil 7 and now going through Rise of the Tomb Raider.

Nice :)

I am only popping on when the NF is easily do-able (enjoyable really) with <3 people and like you say to the the treasure box.

Spending most of my time enjoying the story aspects of Star Trek: Online. Pew Pews never get old :p

Soldato
The HM is 390 light (I believe the opening section is 380) so 389 will be absolutely fine. The main changes between NM and HM are the tweaks to the mechanics rather than more enemies.

From memory the changes are as follows (ignores the normal no revive "modifier" of HM):

Vosik Stage 1

No real changes bar everything hitting harder

Vosik Stage 2

Double the bombs per bomb phase.

One of the three larger monitors light up instead of the smaller ones. Be aware that they take a lot more punishment to break.

The doors are 3/4 shut so you have to slide under

Other than that the fight is basically the same. A good team of 390+ should be able to three phase him without issue. Note that it better to deliberately miss a bomb when throwing so you take 4 bomb phases to take his shield. During the last phase 5 of the 6 bombs will do damage which can prove really helpful.

Siege Engine

The main changes are a longer timer and a walker blocking the way up the ramp at the end.

Arguably this is easier on HM than NM.

Aksis Stage 1

My mind is fuzzy on this one but I think it is the same as NM with the addition of SIVA turrets where the captains spawn. This means the Servitors come out as 3 / 3 then 9 for the final wave.

Aksis Stage 2

Basically the same as NM but with 9 Servitors per bomb phase rather than 3. IIRC it takes either 7 or 8 bombs to take his shield so you don't need all of them on target.

The rest of the fight is basically the same as NM (jump on his back followed by damage phase). From what I recall the main challenge is the Servitors.

I might have missed a few things (I haven't done HM since Aksis challenge first came along) but these are what I can remember.

Caporegime
You want a decent scout rifle (hung jury) at your highest light. Secondary slot I like to switch between a high impact sniper, telesto (good for captain's and orbs) or Saladin's vigil.

Heavy you want a sword (captains), gjallahorn or raid machine gun.

Having the right weapons for each encounter is half the battle. Shotguns are close quarters and too risky IMO, which is why I prefer fusion.

Communication and chaining supers helps a lot too. Light level isn't an issue if your competent

Soldato
Can anybody help me out. Saturday night I picked up the outbreak prime quest having completed WotM on Saturday night. I was at work Sunday night and the others in my team got up to and completed the bit where you enter the first set of codes.
My question is: Can the Warlock and Hunter be there when I enter my codes (Titan) even though they have all ready entered them or do they need to complete the quest before they can help me? Just asking as there seems to be conflicting information on this.
If they need to have completed it before they can help me can anybody on here spare 5 mins to help me do this part and catch up with the rest of my team so we can hopefully complete the quest at the weekend?
Obviously I need a Hunter and Warlock for this bit but as I am working nightshift this week I can only be on between 1.30-2.45 pm, 3.30-5.00pm or 9-10pm on Wednesday or Thursday (I am more flexible Friday evening)
Thanks in advance

Soldato
I don't actually know but it would make more sense that you would need to all input the codes at the same time else it would negate the need for doing it as a group. I will be at work during the earlier times but I should be on 9-10 today and tomorrow so if you need a warlock I can hop on to do the codes.

Back
Top Bottom