BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
That green looks amazing, I wish there were more exotic colour choices for cars generally, always seems to be black, white and greys these days. When speccimg a new car with BMW how expensive is it to get a custom paint colour?

Caporegime
VincentHanna;30479470 said:
Yellow warning flashed up on my dash earlier for 'Chassis' - Drive at a moderate speed and get checked.

Ironically having it serviced tomorrow so will get them to diagnose it. Feels ok to me to drive, so hoping a faulty sensor.

I was in very slow moving traffic when it came up with the warning.

F11 530D by the way.

"Airbag" has gone in the passenger side rear suspension, looks like a common problem.

Does £489 inc VAT seem reasonable to repair this?

Commissario
I'm in a predicament and need some advice.

I've been offered a new M140i that was ordered and now not required, it has the following spec -

M140i 5 door Auto
White with Dakota red leather
Adaptive suspension
Harmon Kardon
Heated seats
Driver comfort package
Pro Nav

Spoke to the dealer this morning, also included is paint protection, delivery fee, registration fee, first year's road tax & tank of fuel.

Figures work out at £4,000 down and £296 over 4 years, 8,000 miles/annum.

Now I'm not asking whether this a is "good deal", but whether I should go for it? I'd likely be ordering new anyway but wouldn't go for white with red leather.

The advantage here is that it's due for delivery in a couple of weeks so could benefit from a 17 plate and not have to worry about the increase in tax sorry, VED :p, for the first year.

Soldato
White and Red works quite well, but personally I couldn't have a white car. I personally wouldn't be too bothered about the changes to VED as it almost works out the same over a 3/4 year period due to the lower price (£140 vs £185).

Whether it's worth avoiding a wait is up to you I guess, what colour were you going for? Production seems to have been increased as my car has been brought forward a week or so.

Don
I like the colour combo and you get the convenience of a new car in a short period of time, however you will have to live with it for 3 years so if the colour combo isn't for you that might grate on you eventually? What were you after, orange with tanned leather and ginger shagpile?

Man of Honour
It seems like a shocking deal. That car to that spec as a factory order is about 28k after discounts and 4 year old ones go for 15-18k.

This deal is over 18 grand just to have it for 4 years?

Commissario
I'd spec blue with black leather; I don't want to compare it to ~4 year old cars for less because I'm not interested.

And yes the M140i hasn't been out that long, less than a year?

Soldato
Steedie;30482892 said:
I didn't think the M140i had even been out much longer than a year?

They haven't, but depreciation will be the same as for the M135i

Maccy;30482901 said:
I'd spec blue with black leather; I don't want to compare it to ~4 year old cars for less because I'm not interested.

Unless you have a particular reason for needing it sooner, I'd order the spec you want as you'll have less change of regretting it down the line.

Man of Honour
Maccy;30482901 said:

Err I was not suggesting you buy a 4 year old car, I was highlighting that your deal is significantly higher than the expected depreciation on the car over the term from new.

Commissario
[TW]Fox;30482942 said:
Err I was not suggesting you buy a 4 year old car, I was highlighting that your deal is significantly higher than the expected depreciation on the car over the term from new.

But that's to be expected with a new car though.

Man of Honour
Maccy;30483018 said:
But that's to be expected with a new car though.

What?

I am specifically looking at the depreciation on a new car.

The car costs about 28k new. A 4 year old one sells for at least 15k.

So why pay 18k to borrow one for 4 years?

Commissario
[TW]Fox;30483026 said:
What?

I am specifically looking at the depreciation on a new car.

The car costs about 28k new. A 4 year old one sells for at least 15k.

So why pay 18k to borrow one for 4 years?

But I wasn't asking about that; I stated that I wasn't asking if it was a good deal. I know that depreciation is a factor when comparing new vs used.

My original query was whether I should go for this one on offer instead of speccing a new one and waiting longer.

I suppose I've kind of answered the question myself

Back
Top Bottom