BMW and M Power Owners

TS7

TS7

Soldato
Maccy;30483067 said:
But I wasn't asking about that; I stated that I wasn't asking if it was a good deal. I know that depreciation is a factor when comparing new vs used.

My original query was whether I should go for this one on offer instead of speccing a new one and waiting longer.

I suppose I've kind of answered the question myself

By your own account you state you don't care whether it's a good deal or you weren't asking about it being a deal... then WHY would you choose a spec which you don't want. The only reason I would do that is if it was a cracking deal. Order the spec you want would be my recommendation

Man of Honour
Maccy;30483067 said:
But I wasn't asking about that; I stated that I wasn't asking if it was a good deal. I know that depreciation is a factor when comparing new vs used.

My original query was whether I should go for this one on offer instead of speccing a new one and waiting longer.

I'm not comparing depreciation on new versus used!!!

You've completely missed my point. The used one was only mentioned to give an estimated value at the end of the term if 4 years.

Soldato
Maccy;30483067 said:

It's not a good deal and Fox was not comparing new vs used.

Why would you go for a spec that you're not 100% on unless it was a great deal? I'd wait, personally.

Commissario
[TW]Fox;30483120 said:
I'm not comparing depreciation on new versus used!!!

You've completely missed my point. The used one was only mentioned to give an estimated value at the end of the term if 4 years.

That's how it came across, I'm not concerned about differences in value/depreciation.

Basher;30483122 said:
Why would you go for a spec that you're not 100% on unless it was a great deal? I'd wait, personally.

It's essentially the same as one of the TRL deals from the Baby BMW forums, so on a new car I'm not sure it's possible to do any better - I'm off to Sytner this weekend though to have a chat and see how they compare though.
Thanks for your opinion, I'm swaying more towards waiting and ordering what I want now.

Associate
M140i spec doesn't look enough to break the £40k barrier , so wont incur the higher band

on a new one which would be to your spec I heard of 24% discounts being done

I went as far as configuring a fully specced 3dr M140i auto and was still under £40k, personal I'd pick my own spec and pass on the deal you listed

Commissario
Annual VED for an auto is currently £180 I believe, so over 4 years that's £720. A new one would be £500 for the first year (from April onwards), followed by £140 per year, so over 4 years that £920.

Man of Honour
I want a G31, even with the naff stuck on iPad. The more I look at it, the more I love it. And it comes with LED lights as standard, which is a good thing as the whole look of the G30/G31 would be ruined without those lights

Caporegime
Steedie;30483449 said:
I want a G31, even with the naff stuck on iPad. The more I look at it, the more I love it. And it comes with LED lights as standard, which is a good thing as the whole look of the G30/G31 would be ruined without those lights

To me it's just the f1x evolved. Everything just looks a little bit different. Some cases better. Some worse. Never a huge departure though.

Soldato
Dis86;30483496 said:
To me it's just the f1x evolved. Everything just looks a little bit different. Some cases better. Some worse. Never a huge departure though.

interior is the main change imo.

outside is just an update more like a facelift.

Associate
Maccy;30483275 said:
Annual VED for an auto is currently £180 I believe, so over 4 years that's £720. A new one would be £500 for the first year (from April onwards), followed by £140 per year, so over 4 years that £920.

my dealer had a configurable build slot on 140i for end of March delivery when I ordered my M3 [M140i was my fall back if I couldn't get a deal on a MY18 M3]

you might be lucky if you try a few, but admittedly a week ago is probably a lifetime right now

Soldato
Maccy, for what it's worth my M135i LCI, which I did order brand new and took delivery of within 2 weeks of the LCI becoming available, has a similar spec (though mine has a few things the car you've been offered doesn't have) was £38K list, and £32K after all the discounts (you won't get that spec anywhere near £28K, despite what Fox says).
/edit I just checked and the deals now seem a bit better than when I got mine. You can now expect somewhere around £6.5-7K off list.

The GMFV was £12k with 100K miles on it at 4 years old. I bought it outright after the first 14 months of ownership.

I would say it's not a brilliant deal, but it's also not terrible. Anyway, I don't think the list price would exceed £40k, so from a VED standpoint you'd actually be better of waiting until after April because then the VED will be £140 / year instead of £205 / year (or whatever it's gone up to now, maybe £210).

Commissario
Vigoro;30484128 said:
Not if you ask your dealer to match/beat the quote without the £350 fee.

True, although when I tried it last the dealer (BMW Gatwick) wouldn't budge and said it had to be done properly through C2C.

Back
Top Bottom