*** The Official Destiny Thread (now includes 2.0 and TTK) ***

Soldato
daz.wallace;30481545 said:
Can anybody help me out. Saturday night I picked up the outbreak prime quest having completed WotM on Saturday night. I was at work Sunday night and the others in my team got up to and completed the bit where you enter the first set of codes.
My question is: Can the Warlock and Hunter be there when I enter my codes (Titan) even though they have all ready entered them or do they need to complete the quest before they can help me? Just asking as there seems to be conflicting information on this.
If they need to have completed it before they can help me can anybody on here spare 5 mins to help me do this part and catch up with the rest of my team so we can hopefully complete the quest at the weekend?
Obviously I need a Hunter and Warlock for this bit but as I am working nightshift this week I can only be on between 1.30-2.45 pm, 3.30-5.00pm or 9-10pm on Wednesday or Thursday (I am more flexible Friday evening)
Thanks in advance

If it is the first code entry (i.e. 3 rows of 4 columns) then as long as you are in the fire team with the other classes you can still complete that part without the others having that bit. It is the next stages (Siva Engine Charged/Unstable) where you need to complete it at the same time. But if the others have already completed it then they can get a replica from Shrio to help you out.

Soldato
davetherave2;30482396 said:
If it is the first code entry (i.e. 3 rows of 4 columns) then as long as you are in the fire team with the other classes you can still complete that part without the others having that bit. It is the next stages (Siva Engine Charged/Unstable) where you need to complete it at the same time. But if the others have already completed it then they can get a replica from Shrio to help you out.

Its the "light may bind" part, i.e., first code entry. In this post on reddit, in his foot note he mentions that if members are on later steps you can still do it but it does not specify wether they need to have the replica or not. The Hunter in our group says the option to get the replica from Shrio is not available to him :o

Greboth;30482007 said:
I don't actually know but it would make more sense that you would need to all input the codes at the same time else it would negate the need for doing it as a group. I will be at work during the earlier times but I should be on 9-10 today and tomorrow so if you need a warlock I can hop on to do the codes.
cheers Greboth, will give you a shout if I need you :)

Caporegime
daz.wallace;30481545 said:
Can anybody help me out. Saturday night I picked up the outbreak prime quest having completed WotM on Saturday night. I was at work Sunday night and the others in my team got up to and completed the bit where you enter the first set of codes.
My question is: Can the Warlock and Hunter be there when I enter my codes (Titan) even though they have all ready entered them or do they need to complete the quest before they can help me? Just asking as there seems to be conflicting information on this.
If they need to have completed it before they can help me can anybody on here spare 5 mins to help me do this part and catch up with the rest of my team so we can hopefully complete the quest at the weekend?
Obviously I need a Hunter and Warlock for this bit but as I am working nightshift this week I can only be on between 1.30-2.45 pm, 3.30-5.00pm or 9-10pm on Wednesday or Thursday (I am more flexible Friday evening)
Thanks in advance

I'm a hunter and I've been trying to get past this stage for months lol.

On PS4 so add me and create a chat so we can both be on together. So we just need a warlock.

Soldato
daz.wallace;30482728 said:
Its the "light may bind" part, i.e., first code entry. In this post on reddit, in his foot note he mentions that if members are on later steps you can still do it but it does not specify wether they need to have the replica or not. The Hunter in our group says the option to get the replica from Shrio is not available to him :o

cheers Greboth, will give you a shout if I need you :)

You can only get the replica once you have completed the whole quest (or delete the current quest).

Soldato
Psycho Sonny;30483225 said:
I'm a hunter and I've been trying to get past this stage for months lol.

On PS4 so add me and create a chat so we can both be on together. So we just need a warlock.

Greboth has a Warlock, if you and Greboth could be on between 9 and 10 tonight we can sort it out, closer to 9 would be better for me as I leave for work just after 10, Are you ok with that Greboth?
I've sent you both Friend requests

Caporegime
daz.wallace;30483323 said:
Greboth has a Warlock, if you and Greboth could be on between 9 and 10 tonight we can sort it out, closer to 9 would be better for me as I leave for work just after 10, Are you ok with that Greboth?
I've sent you both Friend requests

Sorry missed this post and obviously wasn't on.

I'm quite busy this weekend but I could join from Sunday evening onwards. However I am very busy this weekend. From Monday onwards I should be able to make any evenings.

Soldato
Psycho Sonny;30486180 said:
Sorry missed this post and obviously wasn't on.

I'm quite busy this weekend but I could join from Sunday evening onwards. However I am very busy this weekend. From Monday onwards I should be able to make any evenings.

We did it last night, Greboth came on and joined me and a hunter who was on the next step. It took all of 2 mins so when your available give me a shout and I will come and help you out. I'm on day shift next week so should be available most evenings :)

Caporegime
New Meta - Parthian Shot / Wormwood

Truth has been nerfed from 3 in the chamber to 1. Hardly worth it's exotic slot now. Already been nerfed in the past. Suppose it's to combat those who switch exotics during heavy round. Luckily I have a 9/10 - 3 in the chamber RL already.

Need to grind the new pulse everyone is using.

TLW got a buff even though hand cannons overall were nerfed due it being a short range weapon to begin with.

Suros Regime seems to be good again too.

Soldato
They also managed to apply the hungering blade change (40HP instant health instead of full regen) to all health regen perks (sub class, armour and guns).

So now Red Death only gives 40HP on a kill instead of a full re-gen.

I am not overly fussed (It is a known error on their part*) but it has messed up my Warlock Energy drain build.

Universal remote has also been dropped to 3 rounds from 5.

The Truth change seems way too aggressive considering the actual impact it was causing (minimal).

Hand cannons now feel pretty nice following my limited testing last night (Vendor Palidrome, Fakebringer w/range perks & Hawkmoon). For want of a better phrase they felt "tighter". This makes sense given the changes made.

Judging by the Planet Destiny vid I watched Suros seems like it will quite good in PVP now. 37 crit / 29 body with focused fire and ~29/22 on spinning up. Both were 2 damage higher than Genesis chain (same archetype). Damage fall off seems pretty generous as well.

In regards to Parthian shot I have a very nice roll sitting in my vault. Need to give it a try now.

Overall the changes seem.... a little ham fisted. Some are ok whilst others leave me scratching my head.

*Seriously even a small amount of testing would have picked this up...

Soldato
Well my favourite Defender + No Backup Plans build has been ruined by the special ammo changes, totally not competitive in PvP anymore, back to hammers :'(

Caporegime
They also managed to apply the hungering blade change (40HP instant health instead of full regen) to all health regen perks (sub class, armour and guns).

So now Red Death only gives 40HP on a kill instead of a full re-gen.

I am not overly fussed (It is a known error on their part*) but it has messed up my Warlock Energy drain build.

Universal remote has also been dropped to 3 rounds from 5.

The Truth change seems way too aggressive considering the actual impact it was causing (minimal).

Hand cannons now feel pretty nice following my limited testing last night (Vendor Palidrome, Fakebringer w/range perks & Hawkmoon). For want of a better phrase they felt "tighter". This makes sense given the changes made.

Judging by the Planet Destiny vid I watched Suros seems like it will quite good in PVP now. 37 crit / 29 body with focused fire and ~29/22 on spinning up. Both were 2 damage higher than Genesis chain (same archetype). Damage fall off seems pretty generous as well.

In regards to Parthian shot I have a very nice roll sitting in my vault. Need to give it a try now.

Overall the changes seem.... a little ham fisted. Some are ok whilst others leave me scratching my head.

*Seriously even a small amount of testing would have picked this up...

Range affects everything - Aim assistance, damage, etc.

So Hand cannon initial shot is tighter but after that the -5m range nerf kicks in and it's now worse at range. So it's more of a short to mid range weapon now which for me means it makes no sense to use one over a Suros Regime or say any other high tier auto once everything has been tested.

Auto rifles are far more forgiving. They will be the new meta for average to mid skill players. High skill may opt for Hand Cannons, sniper as per usual or No Land Beyond and Wormwood.

I think the biggest change is sidearms. Their popularity is going to rocket.

Truth nerf makes zero sense. Why not 2 rockets? After all it is an exotic. Bungo seem to have messed this up badly. I like auto rifles so this Meta will suit me however I haven't used an auto rifle ever in PVP apart from Doctrine before it was nerfed. I got my original Suros after it had been nerfed several times and I got my mythoclast mid way through it's nerf while it was still usable but it was soon nerfed into the ground too.

This weekend in trials will tell us everything we need to know. See what weapons are top and just copy them.

Soldato
Range affects everything - Aim assistance, damage, etc.

So Hand cannon initial shot is tighter but after that the -5m range nerf kicks in and it's now worse at range. So it's more of a short to mid range weapon now which for me means it makes no sense to use one over a Suros Regime or say any other high tier auto once everything has been tested.

Auto rifles are far more forgiving. They will be the new meta for average to mid skill players. High skill may opt for Hand Cannons, sniper as per usual or No Land Beyond and Wormwood.

I think the biggest change is sidearms. Their popularity is going to rocket.

Truth nerf makes zero sense. Why not 2 rockets? After all it is an exotic. Bungo seem to have messed this up badly. I like auto rifles so this Meta will suit me however I haven't used an auto rifle ever in PVP apart from Doctrine before it was nerfed. I got my original Suros after it had been nerfed several times and I got my mythoclast mid way through it's nerf while it was still usable but it was soon nerfed into the ground too.

This weekend in trials will tell us everything we need to know. See what weapons are top and just copy them.

So basically, after 2+years of messing around, nerfing, buffing, breaking both positively and negatively, we are right back where we started with Assault rifles and the Suros Regime in particular, being the go to weapons.

GG Bungie.

Associate
Change seems way too aggressive considering the actual impact it was causing (minimal).

Seriously even a small amount of testing would have picked this up...

Pretty much a summary of every patch Bungie has done....

Really hope they make some changes to the whole patch and PvP balance process for Destiny 2

Associate
So basically, after 2+years of messing around, nerfing, buffing, breaking both positively and negatively, we are right back where we started with Assault rifles and the Suros Regime in particular, being the go to weapons.

GG Bungie.

Looks like it. Time to dust off and infuse Suros Regime!

Caporegime
Looks like it. Time to dust off and infuse Suros Regime!

I was trying it out last night and it wasn't that great tbh. Especially for an exotic I was regularly being outplayed by a messenger (year 1 trials?).

Apparently Genesis Chain (legendary Suros) - Wrath of the Machine Normal Raid Aksis Phase 2 drop and Parthian Shot (Vanguard Quartermaster) are the top 2 weapons atm.

I ended up using my Genesis Chain for infusion material as it was rubbish. So I will now need to farm the normal mode raid (no point doing hard mode when it only drops in normal mode and is easier therefore I could do 2 normal mode raids in the time of 1 hard mode).

Anyone up for a WOTM normal mode raid tonight to get the new Meta auto rifle?

Back
Top Bottom