Your first crash

Soldato
Only had one, van drove into me while waiting at a red light. Was a old P11 Nissan Primera in lovely condition as well, wrote off.

Think it happened 3 yrs ago now, claimed for car but not whiplash (was fine) still get calls now asking me to claim..

Soldato
7 years and lucky to have not had a crash yet...however I didn't pass until I was 31, had I passed in my earlier years I have no doubt i'd have had a few already.

Soldato
Mine was around 2011 i think, Driving up the M5 to Rockingham raceway for a car show, cruising along when suddenly cars began to stop, My friend in his IS200 stopped, i stopped but the Clio behind didn't stop, he did manage to swerve slightly to the right catching my rear end.

The boot lid was forced open had to slam it really hard to close.

It had to have a whole new rear panel, tail light section and bumper.

The quote was around £1600 i think but changed the original bumper and skirt for a Uras kit and bought the front myself a bit later.

looking back and although i did like the kit, it looked much better stock :D

Soldato
Fireskull;30486341 said:

Surprised you don't have it as a permanent tab Steedie.
I had a very similar incident on a GSXR at similar speed. Old bint pulled out on me from a side road.

Unfortunately I didn't walk away cleanly. My ankle got trapped between the bike and car and broke. Luckily I was wearing full gear, so the damage wasn't permanent.

Associate
No pictures unfortunately, but was driving too fast through lanes near where I live and on a blind corner didn't see the Land Rover parked 'on' the bend!..broke too sharply and skidded off the road in front of it and took out the front end on my car (mk2 Astra) inexperience didn't help not long after passing my test! :p

Unbelievably it was a Police Land Rover that was parked there with 2 officers sat in it! LOL :rolleyes:

Associate
My first and only "collision" on a road happened when I was stationary with my handbrake on, in a queue of traffic coming up to a mini roundabout. A car comes towards me in the opposite lane indicating right to turn into a driveway on my side of the road, but his way is blocked by a woman in front of me in a small SUV. She then decides to let the guy in by reversing into my left wing (I was positioned further right than her getting ready to turn right). In my panic I didn't think to use the horn until it was too late. She said she didn't see me although my headlight would have been shining into her wing mirror.

Before she eventually paid up for a new wing for my old Fiesta she tried to argue that I caused the accident, despite the fact I wasn't moving and had my handbrake on :rolleyes:

Soldato
Begbie;30486124 said:
17, girl in the car. She kept refusing to put her seatbelt on. I turned around for the 3rd time to tell her to do so. Clipped the car, at maybe 50-60. Car spun, went straight into a lampost. She smashed her face off the dash board. Wouldn't speak, I thought she was dead, while the engine is lying on the floor and a huge smell of petrol coming from everwhere. Don't think I've been that scared since. Most gutting is we were heading off to a 'secluded' place. :(

She tried to sue me a few months later :p

Jeez Andybtsn - so luck your alive. Wow.
Why was she in the back if you were heading off to a secluded place?

Soldato
No accident (yet). Had a few sideways moments in the 59hp Corsa B(east) when testing the limits of grip on skinny tyres but managed to be sensible upgrading to the ST and built up slowly especially as I'd only been driving a year when I got it.

Don
Andybtsn;30486073 said:
14 years ago driving home with a friend late at night and I was approaching a bend in a small village, cars were parked on the opposite side of the road, I saw lights of an approaching car but didn't think anything of it as it was my right way, before I knew it, BANG, hit us head on. I was in an '88 Polo which took it quite well as it turns out he was going around 60mph (in a 30 zone). I was going 30mph, he hit us that hard it pushed my car into wall that got demolished!

He got a £250 fine and had to retake his test, I'm still plagued by my injury now!

:eek:

I'd have bought many lottery tickets that night

:eek:

Soldato
What was the outcome after that crash Fireskull, did she get charged? Can't see it in your post history if it's already been posted as a thread.

Soldato
No charge, police just left it to insurance as nobody as seriously injured.

She was very apologetic and was pretty traumatised by the whole thing, I talked to her a few weeks after the video went pretty viral and she was pretty horrified at the amount of hate she was getting in the comments hence them being disabled in the video, but I think she was having a hard enough time as it was, boyfriend and kids didn't want to get into the car with her etc...

Soldato
Driving westbound across the Myton Bridge near The Deep in Hull. the outside lane used to be a right turn at the lights after the bridge, then two inside lanes went straight on and were always rammed between 4-6pm. It was quite usual for folk to bomb it up the outside and then cut in before the right turn only arrows started (it was all straight ahead arrows up to that point). So I had gone up the outside at 40ish with a chap following about 10 car lengths behind me, I cut in but had to anchor on pretty sharpish, he tried to cut into the same space I had just occupied but didn't anchor on. I'd pretty much stopped by the time he hit me at full pelt.

Was very amicable, just swopped details there and then. Mine was a hire car from Avis so didn't have to sort anything out, just drove it to the local Avis depot and got another car (I was a good customer back then, I hired a car off them for nearly 2yrs whilst waiting for a company car). The ambulance chasers didn't stop calling me for 2 years after that!

Back
Top Bottom