Who here owns a Fiesta ST?

Soldato
ST-3 is just with all the options, all have the same engine. But most just go for the ST-2 and spec the satnav if they want it. You don't get the "style pack" free any more (since 2015) either, so you'll want that for rear tints and illuminated stuff plates etc :)

The Mountune kits add performance. You can have MP215 from new fitted by the dealer if you want, it' worth it since it improves the power curve quite a bit. It's warranty friendly, the higher ones aren't though.

Caporegime
Tee Hee Johnson;30487326 said:
I think I'm going to aim to have one of these by Christmas... like a big present!

Much difference between the ST-2 and ST-3?

Also this Mountune, what general difference does it make at entry level?

Thanks!

ST-3 adds quite a bit of spec over the ST-2. Eg

Satnav with larger 5 inch display/infotainment screen
Ford KeyFree System
Automatic headlights
Rain sensing wipers
Power-foldable door mirrors with puddle lights
cruise control
auto dimming rear view mirror
Climate control

The Mountune stage 1 map gives it 215bhp and 320nm of torque. I thought the difference was pretty noticeable. It is louder (intake noise/sound symposer noise), has a bit more go at the top of the rev range and improves low down torque in the higher gears quite a bit.

Soldato
Jono8;30480319 said:
on and marked the paint on my car in a few places . However I ordered some Farecla G3 Professional Scratch Remover Liquid which got delivered today and WOW, it works wonders on the marks. .

Decided to withdraw all my quidco cashback in the form of an amazon voucher rather than cash so I've guilt-freely added this, a clay mitt and a bunch of other stuff to my basket in readiness for my big post winter clean when I can be arsed :p

Although saying that just found out the house I'm in will be going on the market in a couple of months so I may have to sell up in summer time unless I can wangle getting a mortgage while I'm still paying for it... :o :(

Soldato
Strax;30481422 said:
Nope, I haven't driven one with a LSD before. I take it you mean about getting used to the transfer of power when a wheel loses grip?

Yeah, for example if you were to accelerate quickly out of a junction turning left, depending on grip levels, it can try to keep going left and pull you into the kerb if you're not paying attention. The main one I was warned of is snap over-steer if you lift off the throttle mid corner as the front will just grip and grip which can unnerve some people.

Only small things though, probably won't be an issue on the roads ;)

I've said it before though, best mod I've done. More throttle = more grip. It's great.

Associate
killer_uk;30488332 said:
Yeah, for example if you were to accelerate quickly out of a junction turning left, depending on grip levels, it can try to keep going left and pull you into the kerb if you're not paying attention. The main one I was warned of is snap over-steer if you lift off the throttle mid corner as the front will just grip and grip which can unnerve some people.

Only small things though, probably won't be an issue on the roads ;)

I've said it before though, best mod I've done. More throttle = more grip. It's great.

I'll certainly take it a bit easier for the first few hundred miles till I get used to it. The snap oversteer is one I hadn't heard of. I take it the cure is either don't lift off mid corner or just be ready to correct the steering quickly. :)

Soldato
Strax;30489004 said:
I'll certainly take it a bit easier for the first few hundred miles till I get used to it. The snap oversteer is one I hadn't heard of. I take it the cure is either don't lift off mid corner or just be ready to correct the steering quickly. :)

Made it sound worse than it is really. The ST is quite tail happy anyway if you want it to be, but the back end going light around a corner can unnerve people and the last thing you want to do is jump off the throttle.

In other news, Mountune have asked for my mTune handset details etc, so hopefully 265 shouldn't be too far away now.

I've bought a Disklok for my car due to the ongoing reports of thefts (and the fact my insurer is making a massive loss on STs at the moment), really wish I didn't have to lug that thing around in the car but at least its a deterrent. I was also looking at getting something done with my OBD port. There's a few options, relocate the port itself, get Ford to install a sort of imobiliser on it (deactivates with a keycard/fob), or install a sort of lock box.

What has everyone else done?

Soldato
Thefts are a real issue with these cars. When I had mine I used a 2m OBD2 extension cable and moved it under the driver's seat, then fitted a dummy socket in it's place which I found on ebay.

The problem is Ford left a huge hole in the security system, you can break the side window and plug a laptop in to the port without the alarm going off. Then hack the ECU and start the car or clone a new key.

Soldato
Nasher;30489285 said:
Thefts are a real issue with these cars. When I had mine I used a 2m OBD2 extension cable and moved it under the driver's seat, then fitted a dummy socket in it's place which I found on ebay.

The problem is Ford left a huge hole in the security system, you can break the side window and plug a laptop in to the port without the alarm going off. Then hack the ECU and start the car or clone a new key.

Done the same thing and also just grabbed some OBD relocated and tracked stickers for the window at the front.

The disklok isn't too bad. When I'm in a place I don't know I just whack it on. Fits on the side of the boot with the velcro pad when storing.

Associate
killer_uk;30489273 said:
Made it sound worse than it is really. The ST is quite tail happy anyway if you want it to be, but the back end going light around a corner can unnerve people and the last thing you want to do is jump off the throttle.

The diff gets fitted next friday, so I'll report back;)

Associate
Logsi;30490717 said:
I think this will be the last mod I do to the car. Just need to pay of that pesky 0% CC from the MR230... :p

My 0% cc is paying for my mr230 too;) alhough I did get a bit of a discount at Ford Fair.

It is now also paying for the diff as well:eek:

Soldato
Jono8;30487588 said:

Ford KeyFree System
Automatic headlights
Rain sensing wipers
cruise control
Climate control

The Mountune stage 1 map gives it 215bhp and 320nm of torque. I thought the difference was pretty noticeable. It is louder (intake noise/sound symposer noise), has a bit more go at the top of the rev range and improves low down torque in the higher gears quite a bit.

Thanks, sounds like the Mountune is worth it!

Ooo I actually like all the toys and extras, ST-3 might be the way to go for me! :/

Associate
After two years of really wanting a Fiesta ST, I'll be in a position to buy one in May/June due to being offered a new job. I'll be going from travelling 6 miles to 25 miles (one way) however about 15 of those miles are perfect hot hatch driving conditions, the other 10 miles are likely to be bumper-to-bumper traffic.

Has anyone have any problems with the ST sitting in traffic? I've read that the ST is almost exactly like a normal Fiesta at slow speeds so I'm assuming it's fine sitting in traffic but thought I'd check. - That's the only possible downside I can find, seems like such a great car :D

Soldato
Jono8;30487588 said:

Ford KeyFree System
Automatic headlights
Rain sensing wipers
cruise control
Climate control
Annoying that they don't add xenon head lights on the fiesta ST-3 like they do on the Focus ST-3

Associate
Kris_90;30495787 said:
After two years of really wanting a Fiesta ST, I'll be in a position to buy one in May/June due to being offered a new job. I'll be going from travelling 6 miles to 25 miles (one way) however about 15 of those miles are perfect hot hatch driving conditions, the other 10 miles are likely to be bumper-to-bumper traffic.

Has anyone have any problems with the ST sitting in traffic? I've read that the ST is almost exactly like a normal Fiesta at slow speeds so I'm assuming it's fine sitting in traffic but thought I'd check. - That's the only possible downside I can find, seems like such a great car :D

No problems at all

Back
Top Bottom