Spec me: Valentine's meal!

Soldato
for starter - if you trust morrisons, then they have same as last year

Morrisons is selling fresh oysters for just 25p each to get people in the mood for love.
The offer on the six pack of fresh oysters means you're left with a small price tag of £1.50 for your romantic starter if you're serving a home cooked meal.

... they probably have the volume, so will be fresh
Personally would prefer moules marinières

or bargain basement

Valentines Meal For 2 Only £2.78 @ Lidl
oUkTuRkEyIII Avatar
[helper] Found 1 hour, 59 minutes ago
Submitted Image
Get Deal
Four Cheese Takeaway Pizza
Baguette Garlic Bread
Tub of Coleslaw
2 Litre Bottle of Cola

Associate
Youstolemyname;30492107 said:
The £15 chateaubriand from Morrisons was pretty good. We had it tonight. Needs a sauce as most fillets do though..

Bearnaise...

FrenchTart;30492263 said:
Fifteen pounds for a chateaubriand. Ridiculous. Presumably terrible?

Doubtless, although our local Morrison's does a good steak. I guess it depends on location, and the individual butcher.

Soldato
FrenchTart;30492263 said:
Fifteen pounds for a chateaubriand. Ridiculous. Presumably terrible?

It was OK but not restaurant quality chateaubriand size/shape or taste. 15 quid for circa 450g of centre cut fillet would be a better description which is a good price.

Went down a treat with peppercorn sauce, veg and home made wedges. Browned it in the pan first then finished in the oven.

Soldato
OP
Popped out to Waitrose earlier (I say popped out... I mean drove half an hour), and picked up a great combination of sea bass, rissotto, chocolate tarts and two sides and and a nice looking Rioja for £20. All falling into place. Plus I was able to pick up a coupld of bottles of Asahi reduced in price on my way out. Result!

Thanks to the peeps who pointed me in this direction. I will be mentally giving my gratitude whilst I sup a nice cold Asahi on Tuesday instead of slaving over a hot stove! :)

Soldato
Salmon, prawn and scallop seafood shell ceviche to start. Beef bourguignon and rosemary potatoes for the main. Dutch apple tart for desert.

Box of chops and a bottle of prosecco to wash it down.

£20 bargain!

Soldato
Liquid_Entity;30500438 said:
I forgot the chocs at the till and she said without them the £20 deal doesn't trigger... At M&S this was.

Did the same. Everyone must have been doing the same as the lady had a stack of them by the self-service checkout. :D

Soldato
On topic, my wife likes seafood, so I'm doing a lovely avocado and basil pesto with lobster and massive langoustine. She's doing me something for dessert. Doubt it's a BJ tbh. Probably cake, which I can do.

What does the mrs like? Good place to start... fav foods?

Permabanned
Cooked for the lady friend on Saturday evening as we're both busy tonight. Camembert loaf, stuffed peppers, loaded potatoes and some salad. Not too flashy but they're her favourites.

I don't think you need to be overly ambitious. Just do something you know she'll enjoy! Just don't make the mistake I made and have it be a particularly carby meal else you'll both be too knackered for sexy time xD

Soldato
I got some monster tiger prawns, scallops, oysters, and squid. I'll do a few spiralised/string chips and some salad. Got an expenny champers and some top-end Sardinian Vermentino. Pics to follow.

Back
Top Bottom