That was a close one

Thug
Soldato
Inb4 cool starry bra etc.

Travelling last night down the motorway making reasonable progress. Car ahead in the left lane which i was going to overtake...

As we came round a sweeping bend there was a ******* car in my lane coming right at me?!

I can only thank years of counterstrike/god as I swerved the car within a few cm of the guy (nearly lost control of the sodding thing). Must have been 300kmhr+ between us he was really pushing it..

Very sobering experience. Easy to forget sometimes that it doesnt have to be your own mistake that costs you. Also the sense of responsibility with 4 others in the car..

Not sure what happened after that. Saw a police car screech to a stop ahead of me and 5 mins later i saw a cop car bomb up the road at what could only be called warp speeds.

Anyway a good drink for all when we got back..

Soldato
Where did this happen? I'm guessing the US? The use of the word "motorway", then the quoting the speeds in KPH, then calling them cop cars had me a bit confused :p

But yeah, I'd imagine it'd be a very scary experience and one reason to pay attention even on quiet motorways. For something which is so ridiculously dangerous, it actually happens quite often.

Soldato
Happened to me many years ago on the A419 dual carriageway near Swindon. It's beyond belief that the morons don't even know they are in the wrong.

Caporegime
That must have been incredibly unnerving. You always assume the only type of person to get onto the motorway in the wrong direction will be a doddery old numpty doing the best part of 30MPH. To have approaching a 300KPH closing speed would have scared the bejesus out of me.

Congrats on both avoiding it, but also holding onto control when upsetting the handling at what, 80MPH?

Soldato
Wow, how the hell do people manage this. I can understand someone getting confused and taking a wrong exit and end up down the wrong slip road (although even that is retarded) but to not immediately realise your error and pull over is mind blowing.

Soldato
Kamerad;30493129 said:
Wow, how the hell do people manage this. I can understand someone getting confused and taking a wrong exit and end up down the wrong slip road (although even that is retarded) but to not immediately realise your error and pull over is mind blowing.
;)

Man of Honour
Fortunately not something I've encountered on my side of the road - does worry me a bit. I've seen it happening on the other carriage way on a motorway before though - OAP who was adamant everyone else was going the wrong way around apparently when they stopped him.

Associate
Last week i was driving down a country lane and was confronted by a landrover defender on the wrong side of the road whilst going around a corner.

I slammed on but couldnt pull any further to the left without ending up in a hedge, luckily he had good reactions and swerved missing me by literally 2cm. I was really suprised how agile his defender was tbh, but i couldnt imagine how scary this would have been at high speed.

I'm glad that you are all okay!

Soldato
On the M3 southbound at Eastleigh junction, around 500m ahead of me, I witnessed a car start taking the exit, then stop (must have realised it was the wrong one), do a three point turn facing incoming traffic in the process, then carry on down the M3. I caught up with the car further down ; the lady seems completely relaxed, and like nothing happened. Thankfully there wasn't a lot of traffic at that time.

Caporegime
Rroff;30493235 said:
Fortunately not something I've encountered on my side of the road - does worry me a bit. I've seen it happening on the other carriage way on a motorway before though - OAP who was adamant everyone else was going the wrong way around apparently when they stopped him.

I've encountered it twice. Each time it was an old bloke.

Have encountered far more people going the wrong way around a round-about. Every single time it was a woman.

Back
Top Bottom