2017 Holiday Thread

Soldato
OP
SuperOwl86;30490001 said:
Looking to spend two weeks in June in the US, dont know if to do the West coast Fly into San Fran and fly to LA then Vegas or East Coast and fly into Boston and use the train to Washington and on Philly then New York and fly back to Manchester.

Choices Choices.

Personally I'd start in San Fran and go east then get a shorter flight home.

Edit: Ah, your choice is West or East not both. Hmm... I see the predicament.

Soldato
Peru at the of March, have the flights all booked, the trip to Machu Picchu and just finalising the other details.
Back home to Ireland for July for a family event and U2.
South Africa in October (tentative).

Plus two more destinations during the Eid holidays in June and September.

Soldato
  • 5 days in the Lake District in a few weeks. Bowfell, Crinkle Crags and Pike o' Bliso on one day. Great End and Scafell Pike the next, and the a couple of more simpler walks on Lingmoor Fell and Whetherlam.
  • Somewhere early June for a bit of sun before the Schools break up - most likely Southern Rhone/Provence or Italy for a week
  • New York in late August for my sister's wedding in the Catskills
  • September trip to Kefalonia or maybe Turkey for a week
  • Might fit in a weekend in Oslo in early winter

Soldato
Seems we have secured the mother in-law to have our lad for 5 days. So looks like myself and the wife are going to Ibzia in June for those 5 days. We have been looking at prices and found them around £400, return flights, cheap apartment or hotel self catering. Thats for both of us too :)

Soldato
Woohoo. June 6th - 10th Ibiza booked. Well, the flights are. £145 return for two of us anyway, our son is staying at his grans for the duration. Just got to book hotel/apartments, insurance and we are set. Currently a friend is asking his contacts that live in Ibiza to get us free entry or VIP tables at a club or two. Really can't wait to go.

Soldato
We're staying at my girlfriends parents house in Crete for 10 days in April, no big holiday this year after America last year, probably do Crete again later in the year and maybe a city break.

Associate
Missus and I have booked flights to Bangkok in mid April. Return 2 weeks later. Shall spend a couple of days in Bangkok but am yet to decide where to go thereafter - somewhere beachy but not too touristy. Perhaps Koh Lanta or Koh Tao? Am open to recommendations - please!!

We've done Koh Samui and Phuket so am after somewhere different...

Soldato
Have you been to Bangkok? It's huge, we were there for 6 nights and it was not enough, we are definitely going to return in November though, going to fly to Phuket, stay with my wife's aunt (She has a hotel there), then we'll work up the coast back to Bangkok and have a few more nights there. I can highly recommend staying at the Roysl Bangkok @ Chinatown, fantastic views over the city from the rooftop bar / pool. Staff were amazing too.

33032371122_cdd02cb646_b.jpg

Soldato
Went to Vegas for my little sister's wedding 2 weeks ago...ended up winning £5k on the slots :D so are now looking at Krakow in Poland for a few nights for our wedding anniversary in July (Been many times before and just love the place) and maybe a week or 2 away somewhere warm in September

Associate
Have you been to Bangkok? It's huge, we were there for 6 nights and it was not enough, we are definitely going to return in November though, going to fly to Phuket, stay with my wife's aunt (She has a hotel there), then we'll work up the coast back to Bangkok and have a few more nights there. I can highly recommend staying at the Roysl Bangkok @ Chinatown, fantastic views over the city from the rooftop bar / pool. Staff were amazing too.

We've done Bangkok which is why we've decided to only do a couple of nights this time, perhaps with a third on route back to the UK. Yet to book a hotel so shall look at the Hotel Royal Bangkok @ Chinatown - cheers.

We're now looking at Cambodia for the rest of the holiday - although doesn't meet our criteria of beachy as we'd do a lot of touring!! Still open to ideas for Thailand locations :)

Soldato
Honeymoon is all booked for me and the (soon to be Mrs.)

3 weeks in the Seychelles in August:

Mahe, Bird Island, La Digue and Praslin.

Going to be epic, can't wait.

Soldato
We've done Bangkok which is why we've decided to only do a couple of nights this time, perhaps with a third on route back to the UK. Yet to book a hotel so shall look at the Hotel Royal Bangkok @ Chinatown - cheers.

We're now looking at Cambodia for the rest of the holiday - although doesn't meet our criteria of beachy as we'd do a lot of touring!! Still open to ideas for Thailand locations :)

Cambodia has some amazing beaches and private islands have a look at Koh Rong

Soldato
I'm thinking of flying into Budapest and out of Athens. Spend 3 weeks working my way down. Anyone done anything similar? I'd be leaving first couple of days in April.

Back
Top Bottom