The SFF Case Gallery And Specs Thread

Hitman
Soldato
Did the case come with the fan filters to the side or did you buy separately? Nice build btw.

Got your Trust message but will reply here for anyone else interested!

It comes with the 240mm fan filter which has magnetic parts to stick to the 240mm side bracket (both come with the case). I think they're still shipping v5 so should be the same.

The PSU exhausts out of the other side.

I am considering switching the AIO 240mm CPU cooler with a low profile air cooler in the hope to make it more quiet but haven't yet looked into available space and contenders.

I did finally get some right-angled PCI-E power connectors delivered from China which were thankfully small enough so that I could put the other side panel on! Think I found them on eBay in the end as no where else seemed to sell them.

I did try hiding the case in my Ikea Alex cupboard as a test to see how hot it'd get... 55-60c under idle! Had an idea to drill holes for a fan on the side for intake and back for exhaust but didn't want to go through with it in case it didn't work out.

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
Finally ordered the NCase tonight, haven't had a machine for a long while so will be fun filling it with stuff :)

Thinking of the Dark Rock TF cooler, then won't use/need a fan on that side bit. Looking on forums it seems to fit but is quite snug.

Or could go with one of the Noctua towers that fit like the U9S.

Soldato
Thought id stick this up. Whilst being an ATX case it is the smallest mass produced ATX case out there I believe bar going the route of Custom made

Coming in at 27L makes some mATX look huge :) whilst still being able to land dual cards and a full water set up, 2 HHD & 2 SSDs all wrapped up in Alumin and glass

My basket at Overclockers UK:

Total: £98.09
(includes shipping: £11.10)

Last edited:
Associate
Just finished building my new MITX machine, which replaces the MATX on the right.

Case: NCASE M1 v5
PSU: Silverstone Corsair SF600

Cabling: Cablemods custom length Black with White.
Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270i Gaming
CPU: Intel i7 6700k
Cooler: Swiftech Apogee Drive II
RAM: Team Group Vulcan T-Force 2x8gb 3000Khz
GPU: MSi GTX 1080 ti with EKWB Titan block and backplate
SSD: 2xSamsung 960 EVO 500gb, 850 EVO 1tb

Radiators: 2xHardware Labs Nemesis GTS 240

Fans: 4xSilverstone SST-FN123FN

Res: Frozen Q M1 clear

Fittings: Barrows 16/11mm

Tubing: EKWB Duraclear 16/11mm

No overclock just yet as I’m still moving data over from my main pc. Idles temps at stock 25c with gpu at 27c fans spinning at 900rpm, system is inaudible.

The paint on the case frame is incredibly fragile, the slightest touch and it comes off, which is a shame for such an expensive case.

2EYSvuk.jpg

qeabgn3.jpg

Last edited:

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
Just finished building my new MITX machine, which replaces the MATX on the right.

Case: NCASE M1 v5
PSU: Silverstone Corsair SF600

Cabling: Cablemods custom length Black with White.
Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270i Gaming
CPU: Intel i7 6700k
Cooler: Swiftech Apogee Drive II
RAM: Team Group Vulcan T-Force 2x8gb 3000Khz
GPU: MSi GTX 1080 ti with EKWB Titan block and backplate
SSD: 2xSamsung 960 EVO 500gb, 850 EVO 1tb

Radiators: 2xHardware Labs Nemesis GTS 240

Fans: 4xSilverstone SST-FN123FN

Res: Frozen Q M1 clear

Fittings: Barrows 16/11mm

Tubing: EKWB Duraclear 16/11mm

No overclock just yet as I’m still moving data over from my main pc. Idles temps at stock 25c with gpu at 27c fans spinning at 900rpm, system is inaudible.

The paint on the case frame is incredibly fragile, the slightest touch and it comes off, which is a shame for such an expensive case.

Looks good, still waiting on a GPU before properly looking at how to cool my NCase, currently using a Noctua C14 on a 7700k running at 4.9.

Should have a cheap GTX1080 coming my way in a few weeks then will see what to do, whether to stick to air or go water.

Soldato
Currently building 2 machines, one mATX and one mITX, both Phenoms. I liked the simple design of it all.

Specs are:

mATX
Case: mATX Bitfenix Phenom
Mobo:Asus ROG Strix Z270G
CPU: i7 7700k
Cooler: Corsair H100i v2
RAM: 64GB Corsair LPX 3200
PSU: EVGA supernova 650
HDD: 250GB M.2 Samsung 960 PRO, 1TB SSD, 2TB 2.5" Disk
GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 SC

mITX is collecting parts, but loose spec is:

Case: mITX Bitfenix Phenom
Mobo: BioStar X370GTN (as soon as it's in stock!)
CPU: AMD 1700X Ryzen
Cooler: Noctua Low Profile (not ordered it yet, but think this would be a good option)
RAM: 32GB Team Group Night Hawk LED
PSU: Silverstone Strider SFX 600W
HDD: 2 x 1TB Samsung 850 EVO
GPU: undecided... trying to decide whether 1070 or 480 at the moment...

Can't wait to get them all together now!

Soldato
Finally after backing it in Jan, my Dr Zaber Sentry PC case arrived middle of May. Got various parts together from various sources and just finished the build.

Dr Zaber Sentry PC case (http://zaber.com.pl/sentry)
Intel i7 7700 Kaby Lake
Gigabyte GA-Z270N-Gaming 5
EVGA 1060 6GB
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4
Samsung 960EVO m2 500GB
Noctua NH-L9i
Hitachi HTS721010 1TB 2.5 drive
Silverstone SST-ST45SF v3 (450W)
EOzcKO8.jpg

Soldato
I want a modified Element Q, trade the reg. ODD bay for a slim odd, where the bottom IO is just 3.5 cutout so you can get a 3.5 io panel for it (upgrade with your board) so what front io hookups your mb has, you can get a io panel to match & make it wide enough for a riser... So a double slot gpu would fit...

Soldato
Finally after backing it in Jan, my Dr Zaber Sentry PC case arrived middle of May. Got various parts together from various sources and just finished the build.

Dr Zaber Sentry PC case (http://zaber.com.pl/sentry)
Intel i7 7700 Kaby Lake
Gigabyte GA-Z270N-Gaming 5
EVGA 1060 6GB
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4
Samsung 960EVO m2 500GB
Noctua NH-L9i
Hitachi HTS721010 1TB 2.5 drive
Silverstone SST-ST45SF v3 (450W)
EOzcKO8.jpg

Looks great, just been looking on their website. What are temps like?

Soldato
Looks great, just been looking on their website. What are temps like?
To be honest, I've barely had any time to do anything. Been ill most of June and all I managed to do was base windows build. Still not sorted the DP cable into the arm either.

But I'll post some temps soon as I'm hoping to get files and stuff transferred over in the next week and will be trying out BF1. Was an upgrade from my i7 3770 machine with a 770 GTX.

Edit: Loads of other backers have been posting temps and feedback on the hardforum.com thread. I'm maybe a little concerned about my nvme drive, but will have to see how it goes.

Soldato
Alphacool now do nvme drive heatsinks if you're overly concerned about temps.
Nice one. Not too sure if it would fit in my Sentry case. But will have a look.

Finally started using it after transferring from my old machine. So will keep an eye on the temps and feedback on it.

Back
Top Bottom