What watch do you wear?

Associate
Housey;30496665 said:
I've really gone off the wrist bling from 20 years ago, it just looks dated and to in your face. I bought this in 1999 and to my eyes it's just dated so badly. I know how I loved it at the time, but now is far to ostentatious for my liking. Getting it serviced, fixed and then going to sell it.

Although modern watches seem a lot more subdued - there is a certain characteristic with older watches and the "bling" that come with them.

They where meant to look like that, they are not a homage and I find that great about them. It's almost an excuse to wear "bling".

Although I think your watch needs a good clean/servicing - I really like the retro look and I love the bracelet.

Same feeling I have with the new Omega Seamaster, the wave dial was iconic - going for a plain dial (although in person looks stunning I must say!) reminds me too much of a Submariner. Look at the new and old one side to side, the old looks tired but again, to me its beautiful. I do like the ceramic bezel but again, its not quite the same.

Soldato
Raymond Lin;30497508 said:
I have never been a fan of Breitling, like you said, find them too bling.

I thought that, until I was lucky enough to be given this one:

Breitlink.jpg

Soldato
County;30498489 said:
Just bought an Omega Speedmaster Chronometer. Anyone got any solutions to it stopping whilst in storage?

I wear my trusty Seamaster Quartz daily and obviously never had this "problem" :)

TIA guys

You can get watch winders, but the constant movement 24/7 may not be an entirely good thing for the movement. You can get some which don't do it constantly, to imitate day use and reduce the constant winding of some winders.

Or just wind it when you take it back out of storage :D

100% Sure yours is auto though? Speedies can also be manual wind only.

Man of Honour
Raymond Lin;30497508 said:
I have never been a fan of Breitling, like you said, find them too bling.

I don't know how old you are, but in 1999 they were all the rage :)

I had a friend (sadly no longer with us) who called them ****e bling

Associate
hughtrimble;30498505 said:
You can get watch winders, but the constant movement 24/7 may not be an entirely good thing for the movement. You can get some which don't do it constantly, to imitate day use and reduce the constant winding of some winders.

Or just wind it when you take it back out of storage :D

100% Sure yours is auto though? Speedies can also be manual wind only.

Thanks for the comments.

Will take a look at the specific model tonight and post more about it. I dont want to be keep winding it up. I sometimes may go weeks without wearing it and then the dates etc are all out too.

Soldato
County;30498727 said:
Thanks for the comments.

Will take a look at the specific model tonight and post more about it. I dont want to be keep winding it up. I sometimes may go weeks without wearing it and then the dates etc are all out too.

Ah, if it's got a date complication then it'll be an auto - I don't believe there have been any manual only Speedies with date, but I could be wrong (been a while since I looked at getting one).

Man of Honour
County;30498727 said:
Thanks for the comments.

I actually enjoy winding my Speedmaster. It's quite satisfying for some reason :)

Soldato
Ok so my faithful watch of 10+ years has finally died on me and it's past the point of economical repair and I need something new. It was nothing fancy (Casio Wave Ceptor 4305) but it had 2 features I really liked: simple uncluttered design and radio controlled time receiving.

That's really all I want from a watch - what would you recommend looking at? Obvious answer is the Casio range and I've found a couple I like the look of at a price point I'm happy with (~£100 - I'm not made of money you know!) but wondering if there are any other brands out there I may have passed over in quick search? :)

Back
Top Bottom