Huel: The Future of Food ..

Soldato
Freefaller;30491877 said:
Maybe I'm not very good at shaking :( I just hate 'bits' in my shake.

that's amusing as it's the 'bits' that I like...!

I find that I just find it more like a food than a drink because of this which I prefer.

Soldato
OP
Naw - it's all about blending and leaving it to thicken up. A good four hours in the fridge and it takes on a whole new property!

Soldato
George Hincapie;30493515 said:
Embarrassingly - 16 St 9 lbs :(

I was 14st 6 last March, maybe heavier as the old scales were not accurate. My diet was awful, I wore black t-shirts all the time as I knew I was heavy but I was in denial about how much I weighed.

I'm down to 12st 2 and I'm so much fitter, losing a stone is good going mate, that's a lot :)

Suspended
Vargas;30493758 said:
I was 14st 6 last March, maybe heavier as the old scales were not accurate. My diet was awful, I wore black t-shirts all the time as I knew I was heavy but I was in denial about how much I weighed.

I'm down to 12st 2 and I'm so much fitter, losing a stone is good going mate, that's a lot :)

Thanks, that's kind of you to say. It's surprising how quickly my sense of self has improved. Still a long way to go, I was a lot lighter when cycling all the time, I think I was just over 13 St when I climbed the Col du Tourmalet in the Pyrenees in 2012/13. I'd be happy to get back to that sort of weight.

Soldato
Freefaller;30493765 said:
I miss being 16st :(

Is that all muscle?

George Hincapie;30493865 said:
Thanks, that's kind of you to say. It's surprising how quickly my sense of self has improved. Still a long way to go, I was a lot lighter when cycling all the time, I think I was just over 13 St when I climbed the Col du Tourmalet in the Pyrenees in 2012/13. I'd be happy to get back to that sort of weight.

I know what you mean, in 2006 I was fit, heavy again in 2011. Been overweight from 2011 to Nov 2016. It's only the last few months I've finally got on top of it and it's hard.

Soldato
Freefaller;30495549 said:
I admire climbers hugely - fantastic strength, endurance and agility. :)

I go climbing with my mate in Glencoe, but only in spring/summer. He's done peaks in India, the Eiger, Matterhorn and many other peaks in the Alps. He always leads. There's two places in Edinburgh that have indoor climbing, some of the young kids make it look easy :D

Man of Honour
I tried climbing at an indoor place in my first year of uni, holy **** is it hard work.

I've had plenty of DOMS from general gym workouts but I vaguely remember the days after being total write offs especially if I wanted to grip anything :D

I wouldn't mind giving it another go but I'm far too weighty these days.

Man of Honour
tom_e;30500013 said:
There's a reason you don't get 17st climbers :p

It does make it more difficult but also more impressive in some ways. It's the person who is belaying that you've really got to feel sorry for if they fall though, wedgies like you would not believe if there's a big weight differential. :(

Back
Top Bottom