Family game recommendations?

Associate
Can anyone recommend any family board games. My wife and kids (11 & 9) have enjoyed Colt Express so want to get another game. Ideally want something that not too long, ideally less then 2 hours. Was thinking about Ticket to Ride or Catan but keen to hear other suggestions?

Soldato
Yup, ticket to ride is good fun. We also play Smash Up with my 11 year old daughter and she loves it (especially when she gets to play the kitten deck from one of our expansions), although it isn't a board game. Camel Cup is also stupidly good fun and isn't difficult to learn at all.

Soldato
another in agreement for TTR.

if your looking for something a bit more in depth each game is less than 2 hours but its a long campaign you could look into mice and mystics, I think your kids are the ideal age for it.

my eldest (9 this month) also loved marvel legendary, a marvel themed deck building co-op game, also maybe look into pandemic or if you think that may be a step too far forbidden island is sort of a pandemic light (same creator) and is a very fun and short game.

there is a few more but my mind is blank at the moment.

Soldato
to add to the previous, if you want some smaller simple games for the family

Tsuro - tile laying path game.
Get bit - card game with little men and an ace plastic shark.
Love letter - bluffing card game.
Roll for it - dice throwing push your luck style card & dice game
Zombie Dice - push your luck dice throwing game.
Splendor - card based points game
Lords of Waterdeep - bit more in depth but still light enough and family friendly worker placement.
Potion explosion - very light marble game (sort of candy crush the board game)

Associate
I bought Ticket to Ride for the family - I have a 7 year old, 10 year old and 13 year old. Been great as a family, and really great to see them playing it with their friends as well.

Thanks for the other suggestions as well.

Caporegime
I play carcassonne with my 7 and 10 year old kids. We play with no farms to keep it simple. It works pretty well for us. My ten year old loves ticket to ride, forbidden island and 7 wonders: duel.

Back
Top Bottom