New forum! Post bugs & errors in here *CHECK FIRST POST FOR ISSUES FIRST - P.S. THE MM IS OPEN*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Hold on.... So if I put @ in front of username it will let that user know I have or at least let them know they have a notification that someone has 'tagged' them in to point them towards a thread/post/item of interest???

Man of Honour
functionality for who? not having a dig, just an honest question. from the user side of the new layout functionality seems awful, at least for me it seems that way (I appreciate there are bugs etc to be ironed out) i'm certainly willing to give it a while to see (hope and pray) it improves but if it's anything like the 'improved functionality' that was the webshop I fear my hopes may be dashed as that monstrosity has never gotten any better since release.

Moderating and especially admin function. I'm first and foremost a user of the forum and I appreciate that it's very different to what we are used to, but the admin function is far, far better than previous :)

Soldato
Also love the way the legacy Youtube videos in the motors thread and GD no longer work. Well played everyone, well played :)

Now that we've dropped the drop shadow, a simple border to separate the posts from the post above would be nice too

Sgarrista
Commissario
I'm sure your modesty really endeared them to you.

Simple facts, I've done it day in day out for the last 6 years, and tell it as it is, even when the customer didn't want to hear what I had to say.

Why?

To ensure the client got the best possible result, and that's part of why in 6 years I have never had a complaint or had to refund a client.

But whats done is done now, I just hope that when they make the move to XenForo 2, that they take it on board and use some of the expert services out there rather than trying to wing it in house, especially in the design...

Soldato
I think it's far harder to differentiate the posts on a thread with the border around them and big quote boxes. Not sure if me being colourblind has anything to do with it.

New log in box is out of whack and clips areas that I assume it shouldn't.

Design is a step back, it's less clean/flat and is certainly not a modern looking design, I genuinely have no idea how people signed off on this lol.

Personally if you could offer us a switch to use the old design that would be great.

I know I'm going on but like what was the rationale behind updating the site if you weren't going to overhaul the design?

Soldato
Is the 'suspended/banned' badge of shame going to appear under a username again? Currently you have to click on a members name to see if they are suspended, and it's a bit pointless 'talking' to someone who can't reply...

Soldato
To be fair after using the new forums todays I am sort of liking it more. Plenty of new things to play about with. Sometimes confusing to navigate around and what not but that is the same for when you sign up to new forums anyway, each one is different in some way. I am sure that things will get sorted if we all keep mentioning little things like the bugs ect. Over time it will be a very good forum again.

It's probably been mentioned already but I can't see 'wrap in quotes' or 'spoiler tags' option. Also youtube tags. Am I being blind?

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Icon to the left of the floppy disk.

YouTube is the icon showing two film slides. E.g insert media

Soldato
To be fair after using the new forums todays I am sort of liking it more. Plenty of new things to play about with. Sometimes confusing to navigate around and what not but that is the same for when you sign up to new forums anyway, each one is different in some way. I am sure that things will get sorted if we all keep mentioning little things like the bugs ect. Over time it will be a very good forum again.

It's probably been mentioned already but I can't see 'wrap in quotes' or 'spoiler tags' option. Also youtube tags. Am I being blind?
When you post, look at the white boxes above. 'media' for youtube and 'insert' for spoiler tags.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom