Pewdiepie racism

Soldato
I find his personality quite funny but couldn't watch too many of his videos. OcUK isn't the type of place that will ever have a good response to someone like him.

Permabanned
I actually quite like the dude. Not ashamed to say that I was a fan when he first started up. Twas quite an amusing novelty then to be overly frightened and some of his happy wheels vids where genuinely quite funny.

It's obviously nonsense. He has a comedic persona and he makes jokes... the last word being the most significant there.

But then again, he is in violation of YouTube's advertiser-friendly guidelines. I dunno, I wont effect him regardless.

Soldato
His fame is getting to his head. Even if they are school yard jokes he is not a school boy so he should know better. Through that video, he made money on antisemitic remarks so it doesn't matter what his personal beliefs are.

Soldato
This really. It isnt like he is promoting anti-semitism or anything
If we ban him for having some guys hold a sign in a video, we might as well ban anything gun or war related in case people take it as a cue to go out starting wars.
Does anyone here seriously think that video provoked anything other than mumsnetter panty bunching?

So you say everything goes in terms of signs, symbols regardless of any meaning, or if its prohibited. Nothing should be prohibited.

Caporegime
Prohibited just means you give it power.

Why anyone thinks that "ohhher that is naughty" will make people stop thinking things, is beyond me... I'll begrudgingly say not so great things in closer circles because it is frankly almost a narcotic in that regard.

Well done though, i mean... you sure showed those nazi's huh.

Soldato
So you say everything goes in terms of signs, symbols regardless of any meaning, or if its prohibited. Nothing should be prohibited.

Where did i say that?

I am saying the video is harmless and that censoring and prohibiting material is the responsibility of youtube.

Beyond ruffle the feathers of a few mumsnetters, its done nothing really.

V F

V F

Soldato
I do find it surprising how people who use the internet don't know who he is to be honest. Even my parents knew roughly what he does when the news story concerning him came on. They are the least techy people I know. :D

I've never heard of this guy until yesterday afternoon due to this thread.

Caporegime
I blame YT for giving talentless nobs like this a platform. Its dangerously close to becoming the new standard of entertainment.

If he is so talentless, why don't you make millions with your own lack of talent?

The content is perfectly targeted to his audience, he knows what he is doing, the editing is good, and I don't think people understand the amount of effort required to maintain a Youtube channel of such scale. It is a full time job most of the time, the only difference being that they can work/play whenever it suits them, and it doesn't matter if they 'skip work' for a week.

There is no way in hell most of us could do what he does.

Soldato
I blame YT for giving talentless nobs like this a platform. Its dangerously close to becoming the new standard of entertainment.

I would hardly call him a "talentless nob" when he has over 50 million subscribers and more views on each video than most programmes on televison. Yet to most of the OcUK demographic all he does is play video games and make weird noises. You need a personality and be good at entertaining people to do this. He is a funny guy and I love the way he calls out the bs in the media.

Back
Top Bottom