Static IP & Port Forwarding

Soldato
Hi I,m having trouble with my utorrent and have read that a static ip & Port Forwarding is something to look into , but i have read that a static ip isn,t as secure online as a Dynamic ip i just wanted some feedback regarding this problem thanks :)

Soldato
so does this mean i will still run a dynamic ip ?

Yes. Your public IP will be dynamic unless you pay your ISP for a static one. In order to get torrents working you need to give your PC a static IP (eg. 192.168.0.2) and then set up port forwarding in your router. The easier way would be to just enable UPNP in both your router and torrent client.

Soldato
OP
well i think i stand corrected ! B.T doesn,t throttle p2p any more , because i,m back to 6mb now ! I have a feeling the trouble was the torrents i was choosing to download were all bad !! :( they wern,t seeding enough people hence i wasn,t downloading anything , so i,m learning ha! i,m also using Qbittorrent which i,m finding amazing ,and no rubbish adware with it like utorrent which i used for years and feel kind of sad how its gone :(

Soldato
You not gonna pull him up on the rest of his grammar mistakes too?

Grammar mistakes are one thing, but capitalisation in SI prefixes and units is something completely different. I generally don't correct folks grammar unless they are acting superior, but writing SI units properly is important. :)

Back
Top Bottom