• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: Ryzen 7: Are you gonna buy?

Are you gonna switch back to AMD?

• Yes

Votes: 285 73.1%
  • No

Votes: 105 26.9%

• Total voters
Associate
Two conditions for me.

1 - I'm allowed to get the finance XD
2 - The performance and price is as good as the 'leaks' suggest.

But I will be aiming to get one at launch (I'll only pre-order if the reviews are out prior to release or ill wait)

Soldato
Well my 4790 is feeling a bit blue so I quite fancy an upgrade, A 1800x for some stupid reason :p

Think I'll jump back to a gigabyte board too

Soldato
Got a 6800K now. I'm good for another 5 years at least, give or take depending on how itchy my upgrade-sense gets. Have to say, if not for very lucky circumstances, based on the prices they're talking about, I would've went Ryzen in the end.

Associate
Yes indeed...i will buy an 1800X to replace my 3570K...wait for a decent mATX board to show itself and pick up 16gb of suitable RAM along the way...

Associate
Yes - but for gaming 6c/12t or 8c/16t?

Yes it's nice to have 8c/16t but will games make use of it. I know thinking ahead 8c/16t sounds nice but how long do we wait until that kind of perfromance is required.

Soldato
Probably, my 2600K still does everything I want but I'm just itching for a completely new build. Not to mention the lack of USB 3.1 and m.2/u.2 SSDs makes me feel left behind. Plus the extra cores/threads will help with the encoding.

Caporegime
Since all the Ryzen 7 are £300+, it's a "nope" from me.

Good luck to AMD tho. But I have a 2500k I bought for £120, and spending £500 for a 30% upgrade in perf seems a bit rich. That's with a new mobo and new RAM.

Caporegime
I think I bought my 5820k/x99 build at the right time well over a year ago now ( when they were going for ~£250/part of very good black Friday bundles etc).

Prices seem to have exploded since then (not helped by brexit tanking the pound obviously).

For the same money, Zen isn't looking like it will be an improvement on anything I have (unless they can surprisingly clock like crazy - that remains to be seen).

I will be interested to see what they have out in a couple of years though (hopefully they can make steady further gains in IPC over the next few year). I will likely buy an 8 core then.

Back
Top Bottom